1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike) COMPLETE Page 5

Re: 1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike)

Hi Jason, great to see that the Ultimate project goes on.
Picked up this bike in the last year from the first owner here in Berlin-Kreuzberg.

Your colorway is a good one, enjoy the buildup ! parts are looking perfect

Very nice colour for the frame. What colour are the forks?

Hi Ferry. Fork, bar, stem grips rims, hubs, saddle, post, cranks, chain rings etc. are black. Black Porcs as well. Orange logo variety.

Just got the frame, fork, stem and cranks back from powder this week. The coater murdered it...knocked it out of the park!

ZGB1k6.jpg

Color match is 100% as it should be. He has a history with Yeti and Spectrum so is intimately familiar with all the components and colorways they used.

Po8T7L.jpg

kiqRoF.jpg

I installed the seat tube, clamp, Ringle skewer, water bottle bolts and FD pulley last night with some super trick white lithium grease and will start stringing it up this weekend. Keeping fingers crossed the Bullseye cups and bearings work out. Thanks Pete for your help here.

u1G6EE.jpg

Fork work

GccT1p.jpg

Stem detail

pqMaF3.jpg

KIYJ2u.jpg

2UTexq.jpg

The ATAC stem will ultimately head to Vermont for Frank to perform the "Team" cuts. The Yeti/FTW stem below is now out for black powder so I won't be without a stem at any point.

pWi3qm.jpg

Bullseye love

4Jk1Za.jpg

epeLOd.jpg

Super stoked to finally add a correctly-sized Ultimate to the Yeti quiver. I know this isn't everyone's color choice but I have a few Yetis in more traditional colors and wanted something a tad different.

Thanks Pete. I have a local machine shop willing to turn the axle down to 22mm if I'm not happy with the cup bearings. I just detest the thought of using an aftermarket BB unless it's a modern Euro Bullseye which are as difficult to source as the cranks. Thank you again for the intel.

Back