1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike) COMPLETE Page 5

Re: 1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike)

Hi Jason,

That is awesome. Love the parts you plan to use.
Who is going to paint your frame?
I just got notice from Toxik Harald that my Ultimate just arrived for a new coat of Turquoise :)

Looking forward seeing this build come along

Cheers
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

Thank you! It's getting powder coated by a guy who was with Spectrum Powderworks since inception. He's coated a Yeti or two over the years.

Harold does great work from what I've seen. Never had him do a frame for me personally though.

I sure like the powder coat on yeti's but Harald's Paint just beats everything...
This week 2 bikes came back from Harald. They are so amazing.

Everything is so smooth and shiny. Decals are well preserved underneath the clear coat.

And I'm looking forward to the next few to return ;-)

Cheers
Jeroen

This project is slowing coming together but I'm in the home stretch. I had the Bullseye cranks powder coated as well so everything is consistent. Frame and fork are complete and decals are going on now.

I have to get new Accu-Trax decals for the fork as the originals I had which were sold as original Yeti decals, were not up to the quality that many of us get from Gil so I'll be using his fork decals.

The Bullseye decals that are Gil's worked perfectly down to the detail of the TM.

8EWI3y.png

ewmMEs.png

Here is a sneak peak of the frame. I know the colorway is not for everyone but it's one of my favorite colors and as I have an ARC-AS in traditional yellow/turquoise and a FRO in white/black, I thought this would be fun and unique.

i0U26i.png

Parker said it was one of his favorite colors as well and rarely used in 1990-91 but definitely an option.

rewarded are those who dare to be different! :cool:

RockiMtn":3fws272k said:
rewarded are those who dare to be different! :cool:

Thanks Frank! Should make a great Halloween themed bike for October. :facepalm:

haha it would! put on a bloody white sheet and you're good to go!

Back