1990 Yeti Cycles FRO - Ex Juli Furtado Race Bike

theproscloset":1ea30lni said:
Retro Spud":1ea30lni said:
kaos":1ea30lni said:
Looks perfect in that size! I really like the race look it's got.

I have to agree, the proportions frame/fork/rims really comes together,
where as the beast that Nick at the Pro's Closet has (ex Chris Hertings old rig) looks a little awkward

Nice work there Mike (as always)

Who you calling awkward?! When you are 6'4", you are just happy to find a retro bike that fits like a glove.

@ Nick
I'm sure you've not taken offence at my comment, its just your frame dwarfs the 26' rims which in turns skews the aesthics/proportions, that said yours is a truely icon Yeti and made even better by the fact that its fits you and you ride it :D

@ Mike
I've looked at your pictures alot and have a query that I've mulled over even more, and without coming across as a Knob I'd like to ask..............
Why no ferrules on the brake cable or valve caps ?

***Eric
as much as I love your comments don't flame me for asking, especially if its a dumb ass rookie question :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_1186_zps15e46adf.jpg
    IMG_1186_zps15e46adf.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_1185_zpse32adf2b.jpg
    IMG_1185_zpse32adf2b.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 602
Re:

Spud, I'm going to hazard a guess that those are 6mm cables and 'normal' size stops...
Or perhaps it's just what Julia did, such is the attention to detail on this wonder! :shock:

Retro Spud":3bsqzwfu said:
I have to agree, the proportions frame/fork/rims really comes together,
where as the beast that Nick at the Pro's Closet has (ex Chris Hertings old rig) looks a little awkward

Nice work there Mike (as always)

Retro Spud":3bsqzwfu said:
@ Nick
I'm sure you've not taken offence at my comment, its just your frame dwarfs the 26' rims which in turns skews the aesthics/proportions, that said yours is a truely icon Yeti and made even better by the fact that its fits you and you ride it :D

No offense taken Spud. It's not the first time my bikes have been referred to as "awkward" or as "beasts".... and I am sure it won't be the last... That old Yeti has taken a beating all these years and is still holding strong.... it's my go-to bike and I wouldn't trade it for the world...

Whoa, sorry for missing the question. The brake cables do have ferrules inside the campy lever bodies, but the body is so deep you can't see them.

As for the rear canti stop, it was a mystery to me, but the ferrule wouldn't fit inside the stop. I filed it best I could and let it go.

So very awsome! Could you post some of your own ride pics (if yiou ahve any)? Will make it evem moes tunning to see it actually rolling in the present.

Re:

Do you normally need step-down ferrules for these frames? Rings a bell but I'm definitely no Yeti expert!

Re:

Hot off the press! Each of the bikes featured in our museum will have a limited run of 500 trading cards printed. Mike's restoration of Juli's 1990 Yeti is one of the first run in this series.

These cards will be randomly inserted into retro purchases from our store. Juli signed a handful of cards when she visited the museum last month and these will also be randomly inserted into our orders.

More cards to come... stay tuned.

JuliFurtadoTradingCards-4.jpg

Back of the Card:

JuliFurtadoTradingCards-5.jpg

JuliFurtadoTradingCards-3.jpg

Latest posts

Back