1990 Rocky Mountain Cirrus...

Christmas update...

Very hesitant at first between thumbies or ST-M091 Rapidfire shifters for the build... But Santa Claus come Today with a cool pair of XT BL-M733 levers and nice XT SL-M733 thumbies (Thanks to @Tolsey31) so go with them for this time even if I'm always tempted by the Rapidfire option... :LOL:

IMG_6135.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

More to Follow... Stay Tuned...;)

Great choice IMHO, I'm more for thumbies myself.

Outstanding condition on both too, the lever blades look mint 😍

Thumbies all they way.

Regardless of what shifters I use finally on the build it's funny to see that all the Cirrus build I've see (here or on mtb-news.de) apart one are equipped with thumbies (even for 91' or 92' models) while they're OG build with Rapidfire between the 90' version...
Is it because M-091Rapidfire in good working order and nice condition are rare or a fascination for M730 thumbies ??? :LOL:

If someone have an idea, I take his answer... :cool:

ST-M092 are by far the better brake lever over the two you have, which is why few would choose the M091.
But push-push RF are OK but some people didn't like them* and many just like thumbies for that reason (not me)

*the RF+ made them better but still used similar internals until a bit later.
That and GripShift are just the best and should replace both.

ST-M092 are by far the better brake lever over the two you have, which is why few would choose the M091.
But push-push RF are OK but some people didn't like them* and many just like thumbies for that reason (not me)

*the RF+ made them better but still used similar internals until a bit later.
That and GripShift are just the best and should replace both.
Agree with you about ST-M092. The SLR+ was a real improvement about braking feeling. I love also the small window on the body... So early 90's !!! :cool:

with a noodle too, I have chop marks in mine from BitD when I thought of cutting it off. I think many did when they got boingy forks.
Is that a 120mm ?

Back