1990 Rocky Mountain Cirrus...

Cool Fred!
It's a 1990 (made in 89, the 9 behind YA) Cirrus with 27.0mm seat post diameter. :D The later ones came with 30.4mm like the Expérience.
The decals are like waterslide ones, ultra thin. 😇

Btw, the Experience has a curved sheet at the elevated chain stays. Here, the Cirrus, you can see the short tube. 👍
And also the wheelbase. ;)

Agree with you about decals... Gil's one are really nice and accurate but none to be thin as OG RM ones. Theses are like I find on my plastic models... :cool:

Agree with you about decals... Gil's one are really nice and accurate but none to be thin as OG RM ones. Theses are like I find on my plastic models... :cool:
Does anyone make bike decals wafer thin like that? Gils are always great in terms of colour and design, but they are so thicc.

Does anyone make bike decals wafer thin like that? Gils are always great in terms of colour and design, but they are so thicc.
No idea for that. I dont think. Even if Gil's one are a little thicker than OG (I've choose laminated one, so this explain that...) they're really accurate and resistant. And once well applied I'm not sure that you really see the difference, so...

Is there also a serial number on the bottom bracket? If so, this could be used to determine if it was made in Canada. Supposedly, if it is stamped in a line across the width of the BB shell, it was made here, if it is stamped around the circumference near the edge of the shell, not Canadian. I don't know if this only applies to steel frames though

This thread with a later model Cirrus shows a sticker which yours doesn't have P1010098.JPG Alcoa Japan, so the tubing on that one came from Japan

Hi All,

Go for a new build after some aborted projects these last months... This'll be my first non full sus build as I go usually with mid 90's full suspended frames. Never say never...:LOL:
I've a small thing for elevated chainstays frames and decided to go on a RM Cirrus. Find a nice 90' one in Germany with good price and condition, appart a replaced cable stop, so go with it...

View attachment 683696
View attachment 683697
View attachment 683698

1990 and early model for sure... Yehaaa !! 👍
View attachment 683699

And no cracks on the collar... 👍
View attachment 683700
View attachment 683702

At first I was really undecided if I go with it's 30 yers old lovely patina or give it back it's original raw finish with a small brush. Finally I chose the second way after sourcing some close to NOS parts for the build...

More to follow... Stay tuned...;)

Looking forward to updates :cool:

Is there also a serial number on the bottom bracket? If so, this could be used to determine if it was made in Canada. Supposedly, if it is stamped in a line across the width of the BB shell, it was made here, if it is stamped around the circumference near the edge of the shell, not Canadian. I don't know if this only applies to steel frames though
No serial on BB only on the dropout. Y
Looking forward to updates :cool:

Coming soon... ;)

No serial on BB only on dropout. You can find below a screenshot of the Synlos 90' Cirrus build thread on mtb-news.de about that.

screenshoot.jpg

In English : "The YA stands for Yamakuni which is the manufacturer of the frame. RM had the aluminum frames made there at the time."

So Japanese made...:). No problem for that.

Latest posts

Back