1990 Rocky Mountain Cirrus...

freddok

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All,

Go for a new build after some aborted projects these last months... This'll be my first non full sus build as I go usually with mid 90's full suspended frames. Never say never...:LOL:
I've a small thing for elevated chainstays frames and decided to go on a RM Cirrus. Find a nice 90' one in Germany with good price and condition, appart a replaced cable stop, so go with it...

IMG_6006.jpeg
IMG_6007.jpeg
IMG_6008.jpeg

1990 and early model for sure... Yehaaa !! 👍
IMG_6011.jpeg

And no cracks on the collar... 👍
IMG_6012.jpeg
IMG_6014.jpeg

At first I was really undecided if I go with it's 30 yers old lovely patina or give it back it's original raw finish with a small brush. Finally I chose the second way after sourcing some close to NOS parts for the build...

More to follow... Stay tuned...;)

I'd be curious to know where its built as well, I believe the higher end steel frames of this era were built in BC, Canada. Is there a chance the Cirrus was built in Canada? My younger 96' aluminum Vertex was

Great score! Looking forward to this build 👍

I'd be curious to know where its built as well, I believe the higher end steel frames of this era were built in BC, Canada. Is there a chance the Cirrus was built in Canada? My younger 96' aluminum Vertex was

Great score! Looking forward to this build 👍
I've see on the Synlos Cirrus and Experience build thread (on mtb-news.de) that the early aluminium RM frames were made in Japan by Yamakuni (it's why YA before serial number...). Maybe @synlos can confirm that... ;). For sure Steel frames of this era were made in BC. 👍

That's a cool project, I have one of these with the ubiquitous crack in the collar, the oversize welds and tubing are pretty neat. I just picked up another Stratos, waiting in line for a makeover.

Cool Fred!
It's a 1990 (made in 89, the 9 behind YA) Cirrus with 27.0mm seat post diameter. :D The later ones came with 30.4mm like the Expérience.
The decals are like waterslide ones, ultra thin. 😇

Btw, the Experience has a curved sheet at the elevated chain stays. Here, the Cirrus, you can see the short tube. 👍
And also the wheelbase. ;)

Back