1990 Rocky Mountain Cirrus...

Black on black on the fork, I think.

Love that you'll be running an RS-1.

Have always wanted to find one in good shape (yours certainly looks to be) to try on a build!

Black on black on the fork, I think.

Love that you'll be running an RS-1.

Have always wanted to find one in good shape (yours certainly looks to be) to try on a build!
Maybe i need to try this combination. At first looking for the opposite one... Just need to wait a couple of weeks as I've ordered some Mathauser finned pads to replace the XT stock ones...
I was on the hunt for a RS-1 in cosmetically and mechanically in VGC from a long time and had the chance to source one in Germany, so go for it. Maybe it's an unusual build for this frame (as I can seen it before) but I really think it ca be a cool build...;)

Nice, nice forks, nice bars, not so sure on that later stem ;-)

1990 as you say, the serials on the cirrus/stratos are pretty simple.

Nice, nice forks, nice bars, not so sure on that later stem ;-)

1990 as you say, the serials on the cirrus/stratos are pretty simple.
Thanks @FluffyChicken !! Agree at 200% with you about the stem... For sure really later model. I bought it 'cause of the length and rise. Hope I can find an early one with approximately same specs. Atac or Control Stem can be another options.

(Very) small update...

Time to make a small beauty of the cable stops...

IMG_6125.jpeg

Two airbrush spray coats after... I've used Vallejo Premium Acrylic Polyurethane paint

for this.

IMG_6127.jpeg

More to follow... Stay tuned... ;)

I've see on the Synlos Cirrus and Experience build thread (on mtb-news.de) that the early aluminium RM frames were made in Japan by Yamakuni (it's why YA before serial number...). Maybe @synlos can confirm that... ;). For sure Steel frames of this era were made in BC. đź‘Ť
I've always thought they were welded in Japan by Toyo [1]. The Yamakuni and YA explanation make more sense.

Small updates for the build...

A cool pair of Matrix MT. Titan with lovely's Bullseye hubs ( Come from an early 90's old Trek ). As an old BMX'er, I'm in love with all parts branded Bullseye, so... Sorry for the repro Panaracer Smoke's, but I'm lazy to spend a lot of money for old tires... :LOL:

Happy Christmas Day to All... :cool:

IMG_6130.jpeg

IMG_6131.jpeg

IMG_6133.jpeg

More to Follow... Stay Tuned...

Last edited:
Back