The better half’s rebuild

Ooh looks fun. What size is that 17" is that a good fit for her? Below is ours. It's stripped and frame sold now. 16 inch old geo and I'm over 6ft but it was the perfect local bike! Light and fun and versatile, So I'm building a NOS 18 inch now! 😄 Only a wheel build and a bit of time holding it up.
It wasn't a good fit for her though, forks over 100mm made it all too tall. Said she liked her old gone Generalized Hard rock Sport so I'm building a 2004 model in 14 inch, same forks set at 100mm
I think frame is ok for her size wise she’s certainly not a short lass; the frame is from around 91-93 ish and feels more like a 15/16”, the bombers are a conversion from air to spring and running about 65-70 mm travel so just enough to take the edge off but not monstertrucking the front end to much (rigid geo) so anything over 80 would be a stretch

I think she’ll appreciate the ram rods hand positions and sharper steering even tho they are def a bit narrow by modern standards ahaha we’ll see she’s yet to ride it or see its current set up

I built this little thing for my wife last year and again, she only swung her leg over it a couple of times…

14” Stumpjumper M2

IMG_1124.jpeg

As it was a parts bin build, just to get her mobile, I was expecting to have to pull it apart and swap some bits around however, it turned out really nice and has some nice bits on it and she loves it!

IMG_1131.jpeg
IMG_1188.jpeg
IMG_1192.jpeg

I’ll probably build her something FS this year to sit alongside the Stumpy, just need to find a tiny 14 or 15” frame which is not easy…🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_1279.jpeg
IMG_1278.jpeg
IMG_1280.jpeg
IMG_1294.jpeg

Back