1990 Roberts White Spider - Columbus Off Road

I’m sure that’s a pretty easy job for someone with the necessary skills but there are plenty of options, for nice quality stems that will already have a suitable cable routing, that’ll cost a lot less money. If you’ve got your heart set on doing that though that’s fair enough 👍🏼

You can always tell if Winston Vaz built your frame as he added a signature feature on the seat tube reinforcement sleeve. He would cut a scallop into the back of it.

Attachments

• D87F0B52-B0FF-4D1E-8328-61D3815CEED1.jpeg
    D87F0B52-B0FF-4D1E-8328-61D3815CEED1.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 7DF82294-5195-4F04-8CD0-BD7B080E5B19.jpeg
    7DF82294-5195-4F04-8CD0-BD7B080E5B19.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I’m sure that’s a pretty easy job for someone with the necessary skills but there are plenty of options, for nice quality stems that will already have a suitable cable routing, that’ll cost a lot less money. If you’ve got your heart set on doing that though that’s fair enough 👍🏼
Tioga T Bone.

Small update - Went to build it up this evening but a few issues. BB threads are f*cked and the tapers on the drive side Deore LX crank is also gone done.

Does anyone have a set of Deore LX M560 series crank arms in black going spare? Preferably some in very good to excellent condition but will take what I can get atm. Want to get this done before Christmas hopefully

These were up for sale the other week and if you look at thread the one buyer pulled out because he found a couple of pairs tucked away... might be worth PM’ing them if they have some going spare? Also post a thread in Wanted too unless you already have?

These were up for sale the other week and if you look at thread the one buyer pulled out because he found a couple of pairs tucked away... might be worth PM’ing them if they have some going spare? Also post a thread in Wanted too unless you already have?

Thanks for that. I ended up buying some on ebay this morning. No idea when they will arrive due to strikes but hopefully soon

52551073693_5003cd9c19_b.jpg
52550529306_4f58d30fdf_b.jpg
52550076232_019cfda165_b.jpg
52551000390_a64eed300d_b.jpg

-

Spent last night relacing the front wheel and when taking photos today I realised the rim is the wrong way round.. classic late night lack of concentration antics. Reused the spokes but they are plain gauge so will get some double butted before xmas and get it relaced when its quiet.

Sanded back the burnt or overly rusty sections of the frame and loved the bubble effect thats been left after burning out the seatpost. I'm quite keen to see if I can get this over more parts of the frame. I was also given some Black Slate patination spray and tested it out on the seat and top tube along with some of the fork which has def worked well. Has a bit more of a uniform feel.

Currently on the lookout for some carbon flat mtb bars of a similar vintage but in the meantime have some Bontrager Ti flat bars coming in the post. Hopefully get the cable stop and tube brazed onto the stem next week too. Also undecided on tyres, found some slicks in the spare tyre section but think they are too narrow..?

Back