1990 Mammoth RC201

Re: An early, elevated, Christmas present.

quickly whipped up this headtube logo for ya based on the fuzzy headtube image posted. ;)

Attachments

• mammoth.jpg
    mammoth.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 548

RockiMtn":2ey4h04v said:
quickly whipped up this headtube logo for ya based on the fuzzy headtube image posted. ;)

That's an awesome start, glad the image was of use, better than a blank canvas with nothing to work with. ;)

A good start for Gil too. He wont have any trouble supplying decals for you now the images are out there for everyone. :cool:

RockiMtn":3n7b5gi3 said:

Holy crap. That is fantastic!

I just get more and more excited about this bike as the days go by.

sinnerman":3eu9qb06 said:
miliu":3eu9qb06 said:
I saw this (not mine)
I like the polished frame a lot
11352430524_ef29b2ccc0_b.jpg

Is this one not owned by a member here...? :?

Yep!

Now that's gorgeous......... :cool:

Felix, please show us more pics of it. You've a stunning bike there.

Once again I read the thread on MTBR.com, where a former rider from the Mammoth team had some info about the operation, and their ties to Tracker (the skateboard company).

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 59917.html

What I found interesting was this comment from someone with an RC-202, the non-elevated aluminum frame;

"It was a team frame so no serial number"

And then this reply;

"must of been one of the really early frames built in the bmw shop. pretty sure even all the team frames had serial numbers and the first 50 had a serial that started "ff1" and so on"

Mine has nothing stamped on it anywhere.

I had to post a picture after reading that the Mammoth tended to ride pretty stiff.

(Dekerf for scale)

The chainstays are massive. Over an inch in diameter. And the seatstays are only slightly smaller.

BITD, I'd trade rides with my brother - he'd get my M2 Stumpjumper, and I'd get his Klein. His bike was noticeably stiffer than my Specialized, and I think I have a good idea how the Mammoth will ride.

Attachments

• DSC_9742.jpg
    DSC_9742.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 474
Back