1990 explosif project will start soon :) Finished!!

Re: My new 1990 explosif project will start soon :) now begu

sinnerman":3gklo7i4 said:
Spanky22b":3gklo7i4 said:
sinnerman":3gklo7i4 said:
Great thread and ive been watching with interest.

For me it would be the Pace, but in all honesty I would refinish the Project twos.

This completely turns the project on it's head again :facepalm: cheers sinnerman :LOL: ,the P2's look perfect on the Explosif. Me head hurts :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sorry... :oops:

The above simply came down to reliability and weight.

It might solve your problem though. :cool:

After reading the article and looking at the photo's of Joes bike,it has to be finished with the look of what i started out with,so P2's it is :D One of the other factors in the decision aswell was putting it next to my 89 Explosif and it just looked right,more cleaner lines,i'll keep the rc30's for the other 90 Explosif frame i'll be building ;)

F7's are for sale if anyone's interested :LOL:

How do you splatter the p2's though. Could be some fun chucking the splatter on!!

ellist":14d64q4k said:
How do you splatter the p2's though. Could be some fun chucking the splatter on!!

My plan is to have various brush sizes and hand paint the splatter dots on with a bit of creativity to try and match in with the frame,should be fun :LOL:

Well plucked up the courage and grabbed the paint pots and brushes to do some splatting :D This might take a while so bear with me on this one but so far so good :D

The last things i need is the P's for the forks and it can be all built up to get splatted with mud on the trails :LOL:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 506
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 506

Wow ! this thread has been going a fair bit now but those forks really do look the part now you've painted them up :cool: ..

Re: My new 1990 explosif project will start soon :) now begun!!!

Pulled my finger out today and got cracking with the Kona coz its been getting neglected with some new arrivals :oops:

Quick run down,its 95% finished. All i need is the project two P's for the forks and the yellow Velocity stickers for the stem. I've got all the Shimano SLR & SIS cables for the brakes and gears,which leads me onto my school boy error i made today :oops: I've got all the parts i need apart from,drum roll please... The ferrules for the cables :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :LOL:
The other thing i'm not to sure about is the Tyres,there original Maximum and Reactions but i still think it could do with amber walls to brighten things up a bit (opinions welcome on that one) The forks just need some fine detail splats added and that'll be it,jobs a good un.

A couple of quick pics below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 407
Re:

I'd normally agree on the amberwalls but I think the blackwalls really suit it mate, especially with the other black touches you've added. Looks very stealthy and purposeful :cool:

Re: Re:

raidan73":2zouz384 said:
I'd normally agree on the amberwalls but I think the blackwalls really suit it mate, especially with the other black touches you've added. Looks very stealthy and purposeful :cool:

It has got a very stealthy look to it the more i'm looking at it,i was aiming for a pure race bike look with the flat stem,full XT and Flite saddle.

Back