1990 explosif project will start soon :) Finished!!

Really nice work!

Maybe it is just me but that front brake looks like it is not centered...

Dare":2vxtgiee said:
Really nice work!

Maybe it is just me but that front brake looks like it is not centered...

Cheers mate,i've enjoyed the challenge of bringing the frame back to life again it's been fun :)

Your eyes aren't deceiving you mate i cannot seem to get the brakes set up properly,i've always found cantilevers awkward things to sort out :LOL:

Hehehe cantis are a challenge to set up in comparison to v's and (good) disc brakes.
I would suggest first making sure your wheel is centered and then try get something that is 2mm wide and place it between rim and pad, press pad hard and tighten it up.

If you need more in-depth approach there is article about it on Sheldon's site:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cantilever-geometry.html

Re:

Just seen this thread, great read and fantastic that you're keeping the 89 Explosif close to original spec, the reason I'm posting is that I was looking out for my old mk1 that I sold some time ago possibly in 1990, I know it sounds silly but I think you may have it, I removed excess metal from the top of the head tube to shorten it, if you look at a standard Explosif you will see they have longer head tubes than yours, I can't imagine that many if anyone else preformed this mod, my frame was a 19"

Re: Re:

Dappersnail":1xd6nt0f said:
Just seen this thread, great read and fantastic that you're keeping the 89 Explosif close to original spec, the reason I'm posting is that I was looking out for my old mk1 that I sold some time ago possibly in 1990, I know it sounds silly but I think you may have it, I removed excess metal from the top of the head tube to shorten it, if you look at a standard Explosif you will see they have longer head tubes than yours, I can't imagine that many if anyone else preformed this mod, my frame was a 19"

This one :D

Attachments

• IMAG2069_1.jpg
    IMAG2069_1.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 481
Re:

Yes possibly, the only thing that's throwing me of the scent is I cant remember ir I removed my mudguard eyes or not, anyway fantastic example, do you know its history?

Re: Re:

Dappersnail":20kt9aqk said:
Yes possibly, the only thing that's throwing me of the scent is I cant remember ir I removed my mudguard eyes or not, anyway fantastic example, do you know its history?

Cheers i bought the frame and forks a few years ago from a member on here,not sure where it had been before then. I've got some black Deore ll hubs to go on then it's finally finished.

Back