1990 build

Love the bike and love the story behind the design and the build. I'd nominate it for BoTM. Any chance of a few pics of the construction? Is it lugged or fillet brazed? I love the attention to detail like the pump pegs and positioning of the cage mounts - a lot of thought has gone in to it.

As for today's full sussers being streets ahead, they're certainly not here! Welcome to Retrobike.

peetee":23r1lllt said:
Woah people, what a response! I think I'm gunna like this site. :D

....and quite right too - it's brill :cool:

HOWEVER (AND THIS IS IMPORTANT) - KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THE FOR SALE SECTION :twisted:
Stumble across that inadvertantly and strange tinglings will occur in twixt your legs :shock: You will desire the unapproachable.....and buy it :!:

Apart from that we're all jolly nice :LOL:

V good bike BTW :cool:

Ok, some photos of details as requested.
First, top of the seatstays showing cable routing on near stay and pump peg on far stay
dennis%20detail%201.jpg

Next, cable routing through canti boss.
dennis%20detail%202.jpg

Next, location of bottle holders so bike can be sholdered comfortably without a cage in the kidney ;)
dennis%20detail%203.jpg

Spec: 531 Designer Select
Lugged construction 72deg parallel
Dimensions are:
ST c to c 19.5". c to t 21.5"
TT c to c 23"
CS c to c 16.5"
BB 68mm x 110mm

Shot of narrow chainstays to follow.

It's possible although I would imagine he is in his eighties now.
I want to try and get hold of one of his road frames if I can. When I left Cornwall he had only been established a few months. I remember seeing a couple on the wall of Danny Deakins shop in Cambourne but beyond that is a mystery.

@peetee saw your entry in bike of the month. It would be great if you could add some photos back into this thread as it looks like a fab bike that has some cool history behind it.

Back