1990 Alpinestars Al-MegaDX (Hi Vis warning!)

Drewson":1u416id4 said:
I'm sooo in love with that bike.... :oops: :LOL:
Well done mate....top notch!! :cool:

Cheers,

I guess the last owner should take the credit for its condition, he's done a pretty decent job looking after it.

If you want it, I'd happily do a p/x against your McMahon - that's my unicorn :cool: :cool: :cool:
Steve

magicmistertea":2rqxvmxo said:
im loving your alpinestars !!
very very :cool:
its got my vote for botm

Thanks for that. Can't compete with the competition in there unfortunately, but still, I have votes and that's pretty cool.
Steve

Awesome pics of your bike mate. I recently bought one of these. Completely box fresh, hadnt been used since the guy bought it back in the 90's. Has the original tyres and the wheels still had paint on the rims. I love everything about mine, totally retro! I was a little worried about reading about cracking of these frames but thought stuff I want it anyway.
Heres mine!
CIMG2969.jpg

Wow, what a gem, :cool: :cool: where did you find that beauty?? Bit of a bummer I didn't catch wind of it, cos I'm not that far from you really ;) :cool: :)

It was an ebay find, I had to travel down to Kent to pick it up but it was well worth the trip! So where abouts are you from then?

It was an ebay find, I had to travel down to Kent to pick it up but it was well worth the trip! So where abouts are you from then?

Ah yeah I remember it coming up on the 'bay, I just missed out on it to someone else ;) ;) :LOL:

think it was like a 20" frame or something wasn't it?

You ought to get some nice pics taken, and start your own build thread as well, we can never have enough A-stars here, imo!! :LOL: :LOL:

It was one of those bikes that I lusted after as a kid but could never afford. When it came up on ebay I was not gonna be beaten! Yeah I think it is a 20" frame, fits me fine and im just shy of 6ft. I took it into my local bike shop in Strat to get the gears all working again and the guy nearly wet himself when he saw it!

Back