1994 Specialized Stumpjumper

This thread is in need of an update…

The Stumpjumper detailed in the thread is long gone…split and sold in parts, with the reason being that for a short while I had two…
View attachment 665599

An ad popped up for an almost immaculate example, 95% original/complete, and because I wasn’t particularly happy with the level of patina mine had, I couldn’t help but purchase a better example.

Only now have I had chance to give it a proper look at.

I’ve stripped it right down in order to clean every nook and cranny, replace old grease with new, install new cables and build back up.

It seems the only non original parts are the chain and cassette - both of which I’m sure I’ve got (once I check the spec). But everything else is there, right down to the ‘dork disc’ and wheel reflectors.

As seems to be the case with Stumpjumpers, the seatpost is ridiculously tight, and easily disfigured once inserted and removed, and even though this is very low mileage bike, I reckon I’ve taken ownership just in time to have prevented this post from being stuck.

View attachment 665600
View attachment 665601

Looking forward to completing giving this one a long overdue full service.

View attachment 665602
View attachment 665603
Hello

My first interaction on here.

I have one of these, totally original, bar the seatpost.

Could you possibly let me know the diameter please, I believe 26.8mm but would be good to know for sure.

Also worth asking if you have a spare?

Many thanks

Back