1992 Alpinestars Cro-Mega. Now re-painted and nearly built.

Re:

Nice work there particularly on the decals .. they must have been a nightmare to fit !

Re:

You definitely nailed the paint job and with the decals applied it really topped it off.

I'd be interested to hear what you did for your paint booth and how did the decals sit on the painted parts that had glitter on them.

Re: Re:

kalex":22v5ujx1 said:
.......how did the decals sit on the painted parts that had glitter on them.

I had the same thought with the surface now having a slight texture it would be like 1970’s wood chip wall paper - and nothing seemed to stick to that apart from boggies and vomit.

Sorry to sound so graphical but if you grew up in the 1970’s and had the misfortune to share a room with my brother for a large part of it you’d be scared also :D

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1sefnk9b said:
kalex":1sefnk9b said:
.......how did the decals sit on the painted parts that had glitter on them.

I had the same thought with the surface now having a slight texture it would be like 1970’s wood chip wall paper - and nothing seemed to stick to that apart from boggies and vomit.

Sorry to sound so graphical but if you grew up in the 1970’s and had the misfortune to share a room with my brother for a large part of it you’d be scared also :D

Mines worse, I grew up in the 80's and we still had wood chip lol

A few more pictures of it in a rideable state. I need to find some grips and away I go!

Still to source:
DX Band on front mech (plenty about, just not got round to ordering)
Alpinestars Megalite bars
Alpinestars period seat or a Flight maybe.
Decent 30.0mm seat post
Non rusty Deore DX quick releases

Looking good..... like the extension

Not sure on the choice nor colour of your decorating flip flops though, Lilac !

The Bear":31d3dm9r said:
I've a pink pair for cleaning....

Even wrapped in cling film that Leyland trade paint dry’s fast on your brushes, you’d better pop them flip flops on and get busy otherwise you’ll be back to B&Q for more supplies

Anyway back to the bike, when’s the big ride out planned or are you going to wait until it’s fully sorted ...

Latest posts

Back