1989 Raleigh 531c Race.

AndyMart

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Happened to look on Gumtree this week and this popped up local, apparently been in storage since the early 90s. Mostly ultegra 6400 group apart from the wheels. Should be a quick clean and service project with perhaps a few parts from the stash.

Attachments

• 2016-07-06 22.10.41.jpg
    2016-07-06 22.10.41.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,093
Stripped down. Bottom bracket was a tight fit. Great condition internally.

Attachments

• 2016-07-07 14.08.42.jpg
    2016-07-07 14.08.42.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,036
Cinelli campione del mondo 63s, which I think have less drop than the 66s? Perhaps the low stem?

The saddle's knucking fackered. Can't even tell what colour it was, got some suede and nubuck dye going to have a go at refurbing it.

Attachments

• 2016-07-07 22.28.08.jpg
    2016-07-07 22.28.08.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 966
Nice find mate and you've done a great job of that saddle so my question is , did you give the saddle a clean with anything particular before dying it or just a quick wipe over with a damp cloth as i've got a suede saddle i was thinking of re dying as it's looking a bit shabby and i don't want to replace it ..

Hi mate all I did was give it a brush as it says in the dye instructions didn't wet it at all. It's not perfect but it will live to ride another day.

AndyMart":2ljoyvuh said:
Hi mate all I did was give it a brush as it says in the dye instructions didn't wet it at all. It's not perfect but it will live to ride another day.

Thanks for that Andy and i asked over cleaning as my saddle seemed pretty dusty when i got my Fox so i expected yours to be in similar condition due to being stored for a good while and my saddle seems more worn than yours but with a little touch of glue and some re dying mine should look nearly as half as good as yours does .

I'm really looking forward to seeing further updates on your little project as i know it's going to look real nice when you've sorted it ;) ..

Cheers I'm sure you'll be surprised how good your saddle looks once you've done it. I thought mine was ready for the bin. Bike is almost back together just need to true and tension the rear wheel.

Back