1989 Brodie Romax - finished pics page 6

Re: Next in the stand......

Ah man, I remember this one - I think! Wasn't this sold via somebodies partner, who may have passed away? I'm probably confusing it with something else.

Regardless, I wondered where it turned up and now we know. Cracking bike and echoing above, keep it simple and let the frame do the talking.

Re:

It was the sellers Dad's bike. He had sadly past away and Michelle and her Mum has decided it was time that the Brodie had a new home. We exchanged emails on and off for almost a year before a) we agreed on a price and b) I had the funds in hand. It was a snowy day in January when I made the long drive from the depths of west Cornwall up to the outskirts of Birmingham to collect it. The owner had worked in Thornhill Cyles, hence the decals, and had a couple of nice road bikes in addition to the Brodie. We had a nice chat for a while until the snow got heavier and I decided that getting stuck in the Midlands was not really an option, so I loaded up the bike and started the long drive back.

The frame is now stripped of all it's parts, the Thornhill decals removed, and has been cleaned and polished. I think I will probably leave the (very few considering it's age) scratches alone rather than try and touch them up - for now at least. The bike is definitely a bit on the large side but I think I would've bought it even if it had a 23" frame!

I plan on using black parts throughout, without adding any additional colour. As others have said, the frame with it's lovely fillet brazing and unique paintwork will do the talking.

Top of the want list is a nice 1" quill stem are 130mm, thinking Brodie ( :roll: ), fillet brazed Ritchey ( :roll: ) or perhaps a Salsa with roller. Also need a nice 27.0 seatpost - an IRD would be great but open to offers ;) Also would like a black performated Turbo saddle if anyone has one for sale?

Anyway enough chat, onto the pics.....

Re: Next in the stand......1990 Brodie Romax

Hmmm... fillet brazed stem... 1" with noodle... where might one of those be hiding.... ;)

Re: Next in the stand......1990 Brodie Romax

shutter":zw0s0p18 said:
Hmmm... fillet brazed stem... 1" with noodle... where might one of those be hiding.... ;)

Tease :roll: ;)

Re: Re:

raidan73":21n38ici said:
It was the sellers Dad's bike. He had sadly past away and Michelle and her Mum has decided it was time that the Brodie had a new home. We exchanged emails on and off for almost a year before a) we agreed on a price and b) I had the funds in hand. It was a snowy day in January when I made the long drive from the depths of west Cornwall up to the outskirts of Birmingham to collect it. The owner had worked in Thornhill Cyles, hence the decals, and had a couple of nice road bikes in addition to the Brodie. We had a nice chat for a while until the snow got heavier and I decided that getting stuck in the Midlands was not really an option, so I loaded up the bike and started the long drive back.

The frame is now stripped of all it's parts, the Thornhill decals removed, and has been cleaned and polished. I think I will probably leave the (very few considering it's age) scratches alone rather than try and touch them up - for now at least. The bike is definitely a bit on the large side but I think I would've bought it even if it had a 23" frame!

Proper excellent - it's defo gone to a good home and is in the right hands. Really looking forward to seeing this one built up but shirley 20" is too big for you ;-) ;-)

Re: Re:

al-onestare":cpbuyp1n said:
but shirley 20" is too big for you ;-) ;-)

It's actually perfect for me.... and If I only knew what to do with this big bag of cash.... tradsies perhaps??? :D ;)

Re:

It's a 19" centre to top, and my new platform SPD shoes are in the mail ;)

.....and don't call me Shirley :)

Back