1988/89 Clockwork proto (project thread)

Re:

Cheers Edd

Ive now removed the rust and it seems that the second brake boss has at some time been replaced as there are grinding marks around it.
So I may as well remove both of them , clean up the legs and fit new bosses.

Re: colourway

It will be kept original team fade. Bob Jacksons will be painting the frame. The forks and stem will be kept gloss black though I am tempted to let Jacksons do them pearl white.

Re:

Cheers Rich

The brake bosses are now removed from the forks. The "good one" has been removed and cleaned up ready. The grind marks are deeper than i thought and i didnt want to compremise the wall thickness so I didnt completely file them out. They will be dressed with braze when the new boss is fitted.
I havent cleaned up the other side yet as the weld was quite thick and I didnt have my grinder at home.

Some pics.

Re:

Interesting to see the steerer marked Tange. My forks on the yellow/white are just marked 'cr-mo' and maybe AKISJ '89. Will be interesting to see whether the forks on my Prestige are marked as yours are.
Looks like you are doing a VERY thorough resto, thanks for sharing!

Rob H":xfgriygu said:
So were the original bosses welded on an the replacement braised on?

Im not sure but they have both definately been replaced/refitted.

Matt , i also was surprised to see the Tange mark. Which is one of the reasons i decided to renovate them. They feel nice quality.

Back