1988/89 Clockwork proto (project thread)

Re:

Sean Im not really sure on the exact year as im no expert but have gone with what others with more knowledge have suggested. Im still piecing together bits of info from articles to try to work out where this bike sits.

Still removing paint by hand using a blade. Then i will take some measurements and check angles to compare with other early frames.

The mark i found on the stay turned out to be nothing of interest.

I did have my doubts about the whole rear triangle being prestige though as the chainstays looked to be seamed tubing (infinity) and the seatstays dont (prestige).

I will try to get some pics of this tomorrow.

Re: 1989 Clockwork proto? Project thread.

Hi chaps. Got a 21" clockwork incoming. frame number A2084189. When would that be?

And I haven't forgotten post.

Apologies for hijack

Thanks THM

Re: 1989 Clockwork proto? Project thread.

The History Man":yfzq6xlb said:
Hi chaps. Got a 21" clockwork incoming. frame number A2084189. When would that be?

And I haven't forgotten post.

Apologies for hijack

Thanks THM

August 1992

Re:

Had a spare couple of hours today but couldnt get to the workshop to work on the frame so decided to clean up the stem even though i dont think i will use it as i want something with less rise.

Re:

Spent a couple of hours cleaning up the forks today. The old powder coat came off really easily. There is surface rust almost everywhere which ive yet to remove. The steerer cleaned up nicely and the threads are in great shape. Ive got to remove and rebraze the dodgy brake post. Ive ordered new Prestige decals to replace the old ones.

Some pics.

The fun continues .... :D

Back