1984 Raleigh 531 professional converting to a SR triple

Jockdeboer

Retro Newbie
I have a 1984 Raleigh professional 531 frame. I want to install a Campagnolo super record factory, triple and I’m at a loss as to what to do with the bottom bracket. Does anyone know? It is English thread. Of course I’m at a loss as to do. I need a wider spindle…

I have a 1984 Raleigh professional 531 frame. I want to install a Campagnolo super record factory, triple and I’m at a loss as to what to do with the bottom bracket. Does anyone know? It is English thread. Of course I’m at a loss as to do. I need a wider spindle…
You need a 117mm axle and the thin walled cups . Have a look on velobase , everything you need to know is there .

As far as I can see there is no Ti Super Record triple bb axle , so unless you have the later unfluted crank arms it's really a Record Strada . I could of course be wrong . This is Campag and therefore solid rules are rubberized .
Good luck .

yes, it is the unfluted crank arms. I am not up on Record Strada so another thing to look up.
It's just the name for the cranks , the difference between the Record and Super Record {before yours} was the bottom bracket axle and the rings , the arms were the same . There was also a Pista version for a single chainring .
The brakes are a similar story , the earlier versions were basically the same the difference being alloy block holders on the Super Record . The later version of the Super Record has fancier script on the arms , not to be confused with Victory which has the same script but slightly different quick release .
Like I said , good luck !

You may wish to try the cartridge type BB’s as the Campag Centaur 115mm maybe a good fit. Don’t forget the model JIS & ISO taper figments…

Back