Look MI80 . First ride out page 6

albatros38 Thats looks really :cool: very nice... noticed yours is a Mi80R... ? was that a special edition or custom decals.. ? what does it ride like.. ?

Sithlord":wc8mc0d2 said:
albatros38 Thats looks really :cool: very nice... noticed yours is a Mi80R... ? was that a special edition or custom decals.. ? what does it ride like.. ?

I think the tube set of the frame is different.
"Cr-Mo Quad butted tubbing" for the MI80-R

My girl friend ride with...

Look

The numbering was component choice, the frames had the tubes mitred i.e. cut in to the joining tube then slotted in, welded then internally, then reamed where needed, head tube, BB shell etc, they were hand built, but were not that light as back then racing was a 3 event affair, hillclimb, downhill and XC, all performed on the same scrutineered bike, so they had to stand the hammer of World cup downhill courses. which were of course not as extreme as now, but still rough.

Thanks for the info guys and again albatros38 , yours is very nice.. :)

Phil the info! ... where you getting all that from.. ? :LOL: :LOL: , cant find anything on the net to date.. :roll:

Just changed the stem out today from the flexistem to a Tioga T bone with a Ti bolt upgrade of course.. :LOL: ➡️

IMGP1536.jpg

Think it suits it much better,, :)

:) Thanks steve, think it'l look nice overall.. just need another front mech and sort the brakes and its there.. ;)

Time for a little update.. :)

Brake stud threads were shot so had to re tap these prior to the brakes going on

IMGP1690.jpg

IMGP1701.jpg

Brake levers and shifters in place :)

IMGP1706.jpg

Seating decided

IMGP1708-1.jpg

The elusive front mech

IMGP1709-1.jpg

and its brother :)

IMGP1720.jpg

More in a day or two :)

Any cutting compound on that tap Si?? ;)
Nice chioce of saddle. Got two Turbomatics on different rides :cool:

LOOKing (sorry!) good!!

Thanks fella appreciated.. ,

I use CT90 compound for small jobs like this.. ;)

The turbo matics are really comfy , and I liked the yellow on the tail , ties in with the yellow flashes on the frame.. ;)

I like the Look of it.. :LOL: :LOL: coming on quite nice. :)

Still have detail finishing to do and do a little more tiding up of the paint but overall quite good.. :)

Back