91’ Alpinestars CroMega Lx

trailstar82

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well, it’s taken a wee while and some of you will have seen the progress already but here is my rider CroMega from
It came to me from @Oldfellatn3 it was great to meet a fellow Alpinestars fan and chat about all the retro goodness from bitd.
53736696-1CEB-4D2E-A163-E9A7F7D12317.jpeg
Once it was smuggled home, I couldn’t wait to get it rolling. The only problem was it didn’t have a headset and this being a little before my retro knowledge, so sourcing a reasonably inexpensive 1 1/4 threaded wasn’t an immediate option as I needed to do some research first. So it sat looking sad in the garage for a little while before I threw some parts on it.

Cue @Jimmy oldskool coming to the rescue on the headset and front mech. Tidied up with a bit of hycote nicely.

So headset sorted, front mech sorted. Cranks? Hmmm, deore Lx for the win, it is an “LX” after all. Although these RaceFace do look good looking back now…
991CD251-2387-4BB4-AF65-1AA03D7B4A83.jpeg
Obligatory flite saddle added from this forum..

Then on to the brakes, I’ll be honest, since spending my saved up pocket money on a set of LX v-brakes, I’ve never liked cantis…I still don’t, but the hs33 on the mock up were “too” modern and a bit too white for this build. Shout out to the king of Racelines @Luke26mhz for providing a decent set of raceline d’s that fit this build perfectly (the TPA adjuster snapped on me earlier today Luke, they are the worst).
F2D26EFF-C8FB-4E12-BC4A-1E299B3F9EFA.jpeg
No boosters but they will turn up…one day

Until then I just needed an 8sp cassette (thanks @mr_ship and some bar tape. And today it’s finished.

Attachments

• 11A59E7F-5EEB-4D78-8EF0-8BEF56C9EFD7.jpeg
    11A59E7F-5EEB-4D78-8EF0-8BEF56C9EFD7.jpeg
    892 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back