Saracen Traverse Hydrotech

Kingroon

Were they the original tyres? Anyone know how to find the original spec of this bike? magazine review? saracen brochure?

Gonzalez":337bzvqt said:
Retrobikeguy

I think the rims have 32 holes.

Ah bugger,
I have some wolber laced up to DX that I was gonna get re-rimmed but they are 36h - sorry ,
I do also have some black DX on original saracen badged 32h wolbers but I am keeping them together, had em for a long time ya see.

Soz mate

RBG

Nevermind, thanks for the reply anyway. I'm pretty clueless with all this so any help is appreciated. Can you tell me what size rim/tyre I'm looking for and what would be a good period replacement? also the rear wheel wiggles quite a bit, my mate said its the cones, does this mean the hub has had it?

Gonzalez":3nujokjo said:
RBG

Nevermind, thanks for the reply anyway. I'm pretty clueless with all this so any help is appreciated. Can you tell me what size rim/tyre I'm looking for and what would be a good period replacement? also the rear wheel wiggles quite a bit, my mate said its the cones, does this mean the hub has had it?
Sounds like the hub just needs tightening, if your lucky. 26'' wheels/tyres not sure on period replacment 26x 1.95 tyres

/\ /\ /\ what he says ;)

you can pick up IRC tyres with amber walls, they will fit in nicely.

Thanks for info

What about those Farmer Johns that another poster linked in the thread? were they used at the time?

Gonzalez":j9npcqlu said:
Anyone know how to find the original spec of this bike? magazine review? saracen brochure?

saracenlineup.jpg

best I can find (I am at work you know :shock: )

Back