Boulder Bicycles Intrepid AL - FINALLY FINISHED (update p.4)

Which stem and seatpost combo should I choose?

• Both Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Black

• Silver post/Black stem

• Black post/Silver stem

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love them bikes mega bike
i would put manitou 2s on the front if it was mine :D
should look good when you have finished good look

Today I had the headset (Chris King Devolution 1 1/4-1 1/8 ) pressed in and then I figured I'd slap on the forks and try a couple different seatpost and stem combinations to see how they'd look.

As I previously mentioned, I had wanted to try silver components, so I sourced a silver NOS Control Tech 135mm stem and silver NOS Control Tech 27.2 seatpost with shim. However, I think the bike looks too bland with that combination. Instead I'll go with the black NOS Control Tech 31.6 seatpost and a gently used 120mm Control Tech stem (on its way). Ignore the height of the black post in the pictures -- I didn't want to drop it too far into the seat tube.

Attachments

• Frame and Fork 2.jpg
    Frame and Fork 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4,229
  • Silver Stem and Post.jpg
    Silver Stem and Post.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4,229
  • Frame and Fork 1.jpg
    Frame and Fork 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 4,229
  • Head Badge with Headset.jpg
    Head Badge with Headset.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 4,219
Next I figured I'd fit the wheels just to see how they'd look. The wheels were another great Ebay steal: Mavic 517 SUP Ceramic rims with silver spokes laced to black Chris King classic hubs. I paid less for the wheelset than what the used hubs normally sell for. The black hubs with the dark grey rims look great, and they'll look even better with some NOS skinwall tires on their way from wadsy. :cool:

Attachments

• Frame Fork and Wheels 2.jpg
    Frame Fork and Wheels 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 4,225
  • Frame Fork and Wheels 1.jpg
    Frame Fork and Wheels 1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,225
  • Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 4,225
Inigo Montoya":2tckd3py said:
wow, thats extremly nice!

Thanks!

I like your screen name/avatar -- great movie! "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

dyna-ti":3wwkvb5k said:
Have you had the shock apart yet?.Looks like it could be quite interesting in there :D

Nope, not yet. I need to get a proper spanner to undo the collar. When you say "interesting", do you mean an engineering marvel, or an old mess? :D

Inigo Montoya":2ldvkt98 said:
there are some interesting infos about the shock in this thread:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=257476

Thanks for that. ;) The same bike is in a thread on this site as well, along with similar info about the shock. Trust me, I think I read every forum thread on here that conained the word "Boulder", "Intrepid", or "Defiant". :) Unforutunately there aren't many with detailed information --> the vast majority of the threads were in the Ebay forum. :?

Back