Airborne Lucky Strike Update P5

Went out today of a 5min blast and... oh my word!!! Its awesome! Handles like a dream, accelerates like a road bike! Really is stunning! Soon as i've shook my cold off the spd's will be going on and a proper ride will be on the cards! Overall super super happy with it! Cant believe that its taken me so long to own a ti bike! What have i been doing? I need (dont need but will) change the cables and get me a shock pump and we are ready to rock n roll! Will get the good camera out and take some pictures and sort a full spec list once its done! Cheers for your help and comments boys n girls.

Oh didnt mention i'm running an Ultegra 9spd short cage rear mech? I expected it to be s~#t, but its silky smooth! Wait... almost/comparable to a XTR mech :shock:

Ti

Scrub all the decals off, give it a good scotchbriting, full retro kit, flat bars, shorter stem and it will look and handle really well, mine weighes 20 pounds all in, but has some choice kit on it, all Ti bolts clips and pins, with some 3dv alloy, they are worth keeping and improving as funds allow! I'll post a pic or two of mine when the sun shines!

Re: Ti

Wold Ranger":1rs2wd9l said:
Scrub all the decals off, give it a good scotchbriting, full retro kit, flat bars, shorter stem and it will look and handle really well, mine weighes 20 pounds all in, but has some choice kit on it, all Ti bolts clips and pins, with some 3dv alloy, they are worth keeping and improving as funds allow! I'll post a pic or two of mine when the sun shines!

Be really interested to see it bud. Flat bars and shorter stem? As i get older i realise that the modern bits of kit are here to help me. Its spot on for me! I can see i'm going to get obsessed by the weight and end up stripping parts of to shed a few ounces (no jokes required :LOL:). I did have the option of going out and buying something more expensive (or not an Airborne), but as with my last Pace build i'm a maverick (non Pace forks). I like the fact there arent many about making them rare so to speak. I've already spent an evening on the webatron looking at various ti bolts, clips and pins :LOL: Time will tell how it developes

Lucky strike

I must have spent over £500 on Ti and custom Alloy fastners on mine! Full Ti kits for the V brakes, springs and all, Full Ti kit for the precision billet rear mech and XT front mech-(went for XT 750 as I weighed loads and this was the lightest :?) Ti post, Ti stem, Ti cassette, would rather have one no expense spared bike, than several mediocre ones.

Lucky strike

Here you go, tyres could do with a clean! but it gets used fairish, I'll list spec on readers' wives Monday, weighes 20 and a bit pounds, all up.
All Ti or SRP fasteners, even springs on V brakes, shoes and bolts, BB is ceramic Ti and weighes 120g. Get yours done in XC speed machine mode! I may swap tyres for a bit wider model, but these are only 400g and tough as hell.Precision billet mech cost a few quid with all the Ti pins and springs clips and bolts.

Airborne001.jpg

Airborne008.jpg

Airborne007.jpg

Airborne006.jpg

I couldnt hold back! I just had to have them! Hope you agree they look AWESOME! have no idea how to set them up so some home work is needed. Oh they weigh ffffff.... all!

Attachments

• IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,607
Back