Giant Carbon NRS - any good?

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Hi, has anyone owned/ridden one of these? Do you rate them?
I picked this up this evening:
5A85886E-E419-46CF-9C0F-82F2809A3D85.jpeg
My reason for purchase was to take off the forks and use them on my Airborne lucky strike. I was going to then split the bike and sell off the other parts and hopefully recoup most of what I have into the bike.
But.
It’s in really quite nice condition, and it’s carbon (ooooh), should I service it and try it before pulling it apart?
Thoughts?
Thanks peeps. :D👍

Very good machines. Quite flighty, in character more oriented towards the XC end of the spectrum than trail, quite sharp and lively.

The NRS suspension was an early attempt at engineering out pedal bob and was developed by the Renault F1 team. Its not up to modern standards but for the era is very good.

Not too many about, and the NRS bikes were landmark full squidge machines, arguably the first to really work properly, so it would be a shame to split it.

I'd have another in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Looking at the design, I'd assume they ride very well. There are a few different models of NRS, yours looks to be one of the best ones.

DC876B67-41AF-4E59-B736-D7FBD7C46F95.jpeg
Cheers for the comments, I’ve got it stripped down now. It’s in pretty good Nick all in all, I’ve ordered a bearing kit for the linkages as there’s a bit of movement in a couple of them. I might have a go at rebuilding this in a slightly different spec, maybe 1x, with parts I have kicking around.
Should be fun..

Latest posts

Back