1990 Marin Eldrige Grade - updated WIP pix

Great Bike! Mine had that same Vetta Gel saddle back in the days. It sucks water in like a sponge when it rains. Apart from that it was a comfortable saddle. Lookwise i would change it to a black flite transalp.

Green is the third color i've seen on an 1990 Eldridge Grade besides white and yellow.
Maybe there are even more splatter colorways of this beauty. Anyone?

Where did you get it from? Not too long ago there was a green one one ebay.com but it had a silver fork so i guess it's not the same bike i saw.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I bought this from a super-nice guy in Utah who had posted it in the 'what's it worth?'thread on MTBR VRC. He packed it better than most new bikes come packed. As for the different paint schemes - maybe white/pink/green is UK only, yellow/orange is rest of Europe and green/black/pink is North America? What is the serial number on your frame?

BTW your paint is by far my favourite of the splatter EGs I have seen.

My frame number is M30IA0479.
My Eldridge is originally from Italy. So maybe you're right on your paint conclusion, but i saw a white one on ebay.de but that means nothing..that one could be from anywhere.
I also have a Marin Muirwoods with the same coloring like my Eldridge plus some green extra splatter. This bike is from the UK.
The frame number on the Muirwoods is M60IA1000.
So maybe it was all about how cool some importers found a special color.
Your green Marin must be the fastest Eldridge of them all because it has no breakes :shock:
So what bits are you thinking about to install to finish it?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
juice":sfsncutc said:
My frame number is M30IA0479................

Nothing like mine - it's kind of strange that same year bikes should have such different numbers:?

juice":sfsncutc said:
So what bits are you thinking about to install to finish it?

First build may be single speed (cheap and easy) but eventually a Deore DX/600 mix.

Back