Saracen Race Elite build.

Cheers.It's looking ok. When I make the changes it will look better. The tyres are cheaps just to get through winter..

The saddle I sourced off here from cipolinni who was breaking a Saracen. I am on the look out for something smaller to be honest and if I find it you can have this one for cost - I think it's the exact saddle for your build?

That looks to have come along very nicely although I'm not sure I'm too keen on the white cable outers along with the black inner sleeves.

How's it riding and what are your plans for the tyres...?

drystonepaul":j6s9pi38 said:
That looks to have come along very nicely although I'm not sure I'm too keen on the white cable outers along with the black inner sleeves.

How's it riding and what are your plans for the tyres...?

I decided I don't like the black inner sleeves either so will be taking them off.

Tyres - Like the idea of amber walls but not sure they will help the bike look how I want it to.

I serviced the hubs this morning and took the bike out for a run this afternoon. First impressions are good. A real fun bike to ride - quick steering, nice and compact. I had a bit of a result cos all this time I believed what I was told about the frame being 15.5". Long story short, it's 17.5" and fits me perfect :D

Mine's the same size and it does have a compact feel to it due to the short top tube. They do ride very well though.
Oh and amberwalls do look good, but aren't too practical in winter.

92KiliRacer01.jpg

Yeah ambers on those rims look cool :LOL:

The ones I have on at moment only cost £15 for the pair so will do me until the right tyre comes along. Hopefully have the rest completed by sometime next week.

They came in the Jagwire cable set. It has a 3mm outer dia and about 2mm inner. Quite stiff, easily damaged and don't look right on my bike.

If the sleeving satisfies your requirements I have no problem with posting to Aus for cost of postage. However, I have already chopped it to fit and the 3 lengths are cut to 380mm. Quite short!

Looking good, I like the white cables too. Have you thought of not using the inners and fitting doughnuts instead ? You can fit them to all three cables if you make a couple of bosses for the brake cable mounts that are a clear hole. It does give a cleaner look and less paint damage as they don't bounce around as much. You will have to also fit 3 pieces of plastic tube into the middle mounts to guide the cables. (need to be a tight fit).

Hi. Some updated pics since I have made some changes. Thanks for the advice porkypaw. I removed the tubing and got myself some 5mm black tubing to insert in middle guides to stop cables jumping out.

Sourced a black ritchey stem. Some handlebars and a nos black headset. All I need now is a shiny seat post and some tyres.. For now though this will have to do. The bike is much fun and being used daily...

Hope you like :D

saracenraceelite1.png

saracenraceelite2.png

Such a sweet bike. You and drystonepaul should have a race in them :LOL:

How much do you reckon it weighs in at now fully built?

Back