Paypal Account Limitations

Just a little extra Paypal info about using gift for payment ( I realise this subject has been well discussed, but here's my 2 penneth):

I have just purchased some cranks from Jez, the amount was just over £50 and I was required to pay a £2 fee. Then purchased some chainrings from Courdroy Boy for £30 and paid with gift, guess what, no charges. I have previously paid for wheels at £130 and paid charges and many smaller items with no charges.

I always use my debit card and the money comes straight out of my bank account, so I am assuming that there is a limit for fee free gifts, probably £50.

Just something to bear in mind. :D

OrangeRetro":2facsa5v said:
The limitations as so that pay pal are conforming to Money Laundering Legislation. I got it last week. All you have to do is is sign in and complete phone verification on your account. It takes 5 minutes and is easy enough. Then you can carry on using your account. ;)

Not as simple as that for me. My account was already verified. I had to upload scanned documents to them, including my Drivers Licence, Passport and Bank Statements.

Pain in the arse really :shock:

Back