Young people who smoke cannabis

In all seriousness, our brains literally have cannabinoid receptors - they are hard wired to receive all the genuine benefits that cannabis can (and does) offer.

Much like there is a growing belief and evidence to suggest that man literally evolved in a beneficial symbiosis with dogs(/wolves), the same conclusions are now being drawn with man's cultivation of hemp/cannabis over the last 10,000 years or so!

Re:

My contact with this stuff is through two teenage stepsons and the scumbags they hang around with , get hooked on the stuff cant afford to buy it so get get it on tick still cant pay
resort to stealing from anyone they can including there family to pay the debts because there far more terrified of the dealers than there parents or the police .

Other results include a group of 7 or 8 yobs trying to rip my garage door off to get at the bikes / tools to pay debts

3 Russian drug dealers at my door wanting to cut there fingers off with bolt cutters or put a bullet in them

The whole area stinks of the sh*t, half the petty crimes , stabbings and general violence are drug related and this is teenagers with weed, not coke or heroin .
So i have found it pretty tuff to see anything positive in it .

LOLZ - I used to pick up in Worthing!
Let's be honest, Worthing has had a reputation as a druggie area for quite some time, and we are talking more than green.
If those kids aren't on weed they'd be on something else (probably a lot more antisocial), or probably already are. Petty crime amongst teenagers in those sorts of areas has a lot more to do with societal pressures than any evil herbal extract.

I'm not trying to belittle your situation, Im sorry you're experiencing such grief. My recommendation would be do as others do, move away.

Besides, if cannabis was decriminalised, there would be no need for a black market - and the kids you're struggling with would find others things to cause grief.

99.9% of stoners I've met have been responsible high functioning types, spreading the love and buying packets of haribos for a hazy Friday night in.

Re:

shinobi":ubmyuvwn said:
My contact with this stuff is through two teenage stepsons and the scumbags they hang around with , get hooked on the stuff cant afford to buy it so get get it on tick still cant pay
resort to stealing from anyone they can including there family to pay the debts because there far more terrified of the dealers than there parents or the police .

Other results include a group of 7 or 8 yobs trying to rip my garage door off to get at the bikes / tools to pay debts

3 Russian drug dealers at my door wanting to cut there fingers off with bolt cutters or put a bullet in them

The whole area stinks of the sh*t, half the petty crimes , stabbings and general violence are drug related and this is teenagers with weed, not coke or heroin .
So i have found it pretty tuff to see anything positive in it .
Yes^^^, the surrounding, er, 'culture' can be pretty unpleasant. And, as often as not, the people who really smoke it a lot seem to go through personality changes, becoming moody, temperamental, quick-to-anger, suspicious . . . Just unpleasant. Of course, many people have had good times with a herbal cigarette or several, especially when they were young, but the downside to cannabis is a long way from peace and love, man. I wouldn't say alcohol is any better though.

How many people have you actually met that have had negative personality changes purely as a result of cannabis abuse?

The study has been underway since the 1960s, The long term affects of cannabis use are Willy Nelson syndrome.

KeepItSteel":30ed6b94 said:
How many people have you actually met that have had negative personality changes purely as a result of cannabis abuse?

The study has been underway since the 1960s, The long term affects of cannabis use are Willy Nelson syndrome.

Well, it's difficult to say how much of it was purely due to the drugs, so to that extent you're right to question, though nothing is 'purely' the result of a single cause. As for personal experience: a couple of small time dealers I shared a house with in the 90s - breakfast, lunch and dinner weed smokers; perhaps half-a-dozen to a dozen university friends; a couple of daughters' boyfriends, one of whom terrified our youngest with his obsessive pounding on the front door; various guys I knew in the late eighties traveling community; a number of students I taught. To be honest, I wasn't keeping count. Some people are fine with it; others just change. They start off as laid back, cool guys, enjoying smoking and then they change, usually in about a year or so, into arseholes. No longer laid back, no longer cool - just moody, irritable, suspicious. If you're in that culture long enough, you see it.

KeepItSteel":2px0zk7f said:
LOLZ - I used to pick up in Worthing!
Let's be honest, Worthing has had a reputation as a druggie area for quite some time, and we are talking more than green.
If those kids aren't on weed they'd be on something else (probably a lot more antisocial), or probably already are. Petty crime amongst teenagers in those sorts of areas has a lot more to do with societal pressures than any evil herbal extract.

I'm not trying to belittle your situation, Im sorry you're experiencing such grief. My recommendation would be do as others do, move away.

Besides, if cannabis was decriminalised, there would be no need for a black market - and the kids you're struggling with would find others things to cause grief.
99.9% of stoners I've met have been responsible high functioning types, spreading the love and buying packets of haribos for a hazy Friday night in.
I actually live in Wick ,Littlehampton which is even worse :LOL:
I can only speak as I see and most of the petty crime and violence in teenagers in the area is related to drugs , weed being the stepping stone up to other things , as for social pressure I don’t see it as an excuse
Teenage years are tuff and always have been but there is still right and wrong and if the only way you can have enjoyment is smoking weed it’s pretty sad .
Im not getting the violin out but it’s made our lives pretty crap for long time which we are only starting to come through now but we never smoked weed because we felt sh*t about it .
Although I have to admit to some heavy Haribo abuse :facepalm:

shinobi":1dgx4kix said:
I can only speak as I see and most of the petty crime and violence in teenagers in the area is related to drugs , weed being the stepping stone up to other things , as for social pressure I don’t see it as an excuse
So technically it's related to the criminalisation of drugs, rather than the actual drugs themselves.....

I'd heartily recommend a little herbal medication,. It will drown out the worries and make the haribos taste astronomically good.

I'd actually rather that other kids/my kids were smoking weed than taking legal highs/pills/worse abusive substances - which is what a lot of them do anyway. I don't subscribe to the gateway theory, but I do subscribe to weed being inextricably linked to underground drug culture in general. Hence why I think decriminalisation of cannabis, or even better, legalisation, would only be a good thing.

Back