Eroica's coming to the UK

You're right and they possibly could have posted on here in the beginning as this site is not that hard to find. I doubt if we will have much influence anyway, so it's a case of deciding which rides to do and which rides to miss as it's a full calendar at that time anyway.

bugloss":1m215ym6 said:
You're right and they possibly could have posted on here in the beginning as this site is not that hard to find. I doubt if we will have much influence anyway, so it's a case of deciding which rides to do and which rides to miss as it's a full calendar at that time anyway.

Their indifference is more of a worry than the price really ....

Just had an email from the organisers about the honourable 100.

Seems they are also extending the £55 beyond the first 500.

I'm out as I'm off to the Bravo Scozia and the Retro Ronde.

I think the Eroica Brit marketing is a load of old baloney.

bugloss":wruttaes said:
I think the Eroica Brit marketing is a load of old baloney.

I agree, but in the end I decided that I could whinge and moan and not attend, or I could go along and if it was all hype then at least I could make an informed comment.

Plus, you only get one chance to attend the first edition of something.

True, I've been open too it and pre registered, but I've decided to do the others as I would rather support the Bravo Scozia as the organiser is open to suggestions from this forum and The RR just looks like a lot of good fun.

bugloss":2mcrxdt0 said:
the organiser is open to suggestions from this forum

I fancy that's what 'the honourable 100' that L'Eroica Brit have just introduced is all about, which is why I was happy to sign up. After all, I've blown a bit of steam off here, the least I can do when given the chance is to discuss my concerns / thoughts with the organisers.

I'm going to give it a go. Can't do the rrv as it clashes with a race

Apparently even the few they had promised a reduced 55 pounds entry fee, will have to pay 70 pounds... I know as I was confirmed to be one of them and I have now received the e-mail inviting me to register at full price. I had already changed my mind about it, but I like to point out that the organisers greed is simply staggering. By June they'll probably have changed their mind about the format of the event altogether...

Do yourself a favour and save your money... go to the Retroronde in Belgium instead

Back