Minor changes to forum template

I guess this is still a work in progress but:

the ego search is only present on the main forum page, so I go there between posts instead of directly to it.

gtRTSdh":2a2pziqs said:

the ego search is only present on the main forum page, so I go there between posts instead of directly to it.

As intended.

You might want to upload your avatar here, the offsite link is broken.

John":10goxwi1 said:
gtRTSdh":10goxwi1 said:

As intended.

I assume lots of people use the forum in that manner, is it not going to drive up the server usage?

gtRTSdh":1xou4x8s said:
John":1xou4x8s said:
gtRTSdh":1xou4x8s said:

As intended.

I assume lots of people use the forum in that manner, is it not going to drive up the server usage?

Good of you to be so thoughtful. However hosting a few avatars is of little consequence. Page loads times will be hurt more by offsite images which are slow / broken.

Fixed my avatar :). I was referring to the ego search in terms of people clicking through the main forum page instead of directly to egosearch. Am I sounding egocentric here?

I'd be surprised if an extra click made any difference.

Are many missing the ego search?

Another change to header, footer and sidebar. I'm sure many will complain but needs must, we are showing fewer ads now (but more visible I grant).

John":21iswbgu said:
Another change to header, footer and sidebar. I'm sure many will complain but needs must, we are showing fewer ads now (but more visible I grant).

Keep it up john, you will soon crack the history man and have him sat in the corner crying like a baby

If anyone notes any issues please lmk. Far as I've tested seems fine.

Thinking of a newsletter soon....

Back