Moving advice

Definitely go with professional packing. I used them between UK and Singapore (and back). The climate changes etc can make things sweat into the container - moisture control is important. Likewise experienced packers will take measures against movement etc.

Sell every thing you can easily replace in Canada.

Buy and fill your container with things that can't be readily bought there (and you can sell at a profit)

When my bro got married he took a heap of things from Scotland to the US free courtesy of the air force.

At least half of it was antiques to sell.

highlandsflyer":2dgscace said:
How did you find living in Denmark?

I was there a while, I actually miss it somewhat.

The Danes are a very special people.

Hasten to add so are the Canadians, as plenty of my relatives are such!

I could think of far worse place's to be ;)

I've been here for 15 yr's now but have a craving for the great outdoor's of Canada!...and being able to watch the NHL live at a decent time, not 2 am in the morning! :LOL:

Ha! Dane's are in a category of their own, especially the women. The most are drop dead gorgeous but COMPLETELY INSANE!! :LOL:

lumos2000":12heywg3 said:
don't rent a container, buy one. then you'll have a ready made shed when you get home.

No joke, I've actually thought about that in a manner of speaking :cool:

My tips:
a) Start to make that inventory now. Sell what is low value / easily replaceable or give to a charity shop.
b) Make an estimate of volume to get the most in a full container. Any really bulky items with low value items
just consider to sell. That way you will potentially avoid what is called a "groupage" with your things
spread all over the place with other things you don't know about or own.
c) Check customs regulations before packing. Don't rely on the removal company!
d) Either pack yourself or get professionals; but make sure there are packing lists so you know what
box is in what. Label boxes with a serial number, don't write on what the contents are; not everyone in
logistics is honest and reliable.
e) Keep expensive or very sentimental things for your flight. Just pony up and pay the excess baggage
and be done with for the piece of mind. Obviously your bike is here ;-) Remember that air travel
is the most secure means, so leave sea freight for things that you can potentially live without.
f) Think about posting some essentials over just prior if you know your destination already.
g) Take your inventory and packing lists in hand luggage!

Back