Clear coating advice!

Yes the more I think about it the more I'm against doing it. I also thought of using some helitape type covering but I think this would be too conspicuous and ruin the look of the frame. I'll probably just leave it and get new decals in future should I get any issues.

Thanks

You don't need much clear to protect a decal. The main aim imho, is to stop the edges lifting.....a couple of light coats will go this.

First coat should always be a light flash (very thin), firstly, to avoid swamping the decals.....especially if the solvent of the ink is in the clear!

Make sure the frame is clean...wipe with panel wipe of spirit...just make sure thats not a solvent if the decals too!

i mask round the decal by a margin and then after 2 or three coats, just cut it back a bit with t-cut or similar.....to buff out the edges and remove any orange peel caused by poor caan application.

Bit about it here on my RM. All home stuff....would have been a site easier ar work!

Ceramic coating is good option, I have used this product and not had any problems.
I've jet washed my frame and it had no lift or damage to decals. Also been ceramic dirt falls off and can be used for bearings, chains ect.

Latest posts

Back