suntour qloc quick release any info

eric_james

Senior Retro Guru
This is for my brother who takes ages to sort anything out :D

he got this bike from his mate that turned out to have the thru axle siezed inside the front hub

he got the axle out and his mate managed to find the internals a while later

can't get it to work right and wondering if there are any parts missing

collet doesn't seem to move to lock into the fork on the bike

If anyone knows about these and had some advice that would be great thanks

almost forgot, how do you go about measuring these?
the forks are 142mm at the two most outer points

Attachments

• qloc.jpg
    qloc.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 6
  • qloc1.jpg
    qloc1.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 6

Serviced a bike for a mate who had this type of QR.

If the barrel is wound in too far the collet wont open. Also needs to be clean and free of grease or it can stick closed.

thanks but I've looked at that video and a few others but still can't figure out why the collet isn't working or what actually needs to be inside

Plastic sleeve - spring - collet - barrel adjuster. Inside the barrel adjuster is a black part, the metal cylinder is supposed to slide on it but can stick. Try holding the lever end and giving the barrel a tug. If the collet opens then adjust tension and close the lever

sr-suntour-q-loc-achse-kpl-fur-15mm-15qlc32.jpg

Here's.ine striped down in orderof parts. Found 2 broken o rings, so that's a bitch.
20231016_165930.jpg
Videos on its way of it in action.
If you installed in order ypu are showing your collet shouldn't have the spring round it. Spring goes other side of black bit.
Should be 2 o rings round collet mine are split, will go together and work without but I'll be put new ones in.

Off the bike

Installing for first time (once its set you don't have to spin to adjust anymore).

Installing with added grrr from not holding the bike straight.

Hope that helps.

Back