i have never liked my neighbours son

landyman30":18m2mzj2 said:
Whats wrong with cube bikes (prepares to be shot down :D )

Probably nothing!! The ones i have experienced seem heavy, and most look like an explosion in a crayon factory!!!!

i don't mind cube bikes actually, it's the low saddle and bum pad i think is sad!

what's wrong with him? the list is too long and drawn out to get into here

You say that but i think the list can now begin and end with the fact he has that gel cover on there.
Now they serve a purpose but never fit properly and most likely make things worse.

Behind a campervan in traffic t'other day, matt black Cube mtb on a rack , absolutely dripping in xtr, probly the sexiest modern bike I've seen in ages..... :oops: :oops:

Edit - One of these............apparently £3600............. :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• 49429_1_Zoom.jpg
    49429_1_Zoom.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 551
24 and living at home was the biggest clue to being a nob never mind the seat cover

Jees, i hope we're not turning into a load of the incrowd that used to hang around LBS's sneering and mocking anyone with a bike that isn't dripping with the latest "trick" kit & who isn't a pro cyclist.....glad a lot of bike shops aren't like that anymore :roll:

It is possible that this guys' LBS has sold him half of the kit telling him it's indispensable....and knowing no better he has gone with it.

I'm looking to get into a bit of kayaking but if i went to buy some kit without any prior knowledge other than brief research (& it depends how keen this guy is as to how much he looked into the bike/kit, but i assume he's not done too much research so can't be that keen) and the guys in the shop stood around smirking/mocking me behind my back i'd basically think they were dicks and pretty sad. It would just make them look like school kids bitching in the yard. That's not directed at anyone here but just how i feel about it....

Probably best to subtly mention that you ride a bit and that he would benefit from raising the seatpost and removing a pointless seat cover.

Saying that, if the guys a dick....he's a dick 'nough said....he doesn't live next door to me so i don't know.....

Drewson":k3qojhh0 said:
Jees, i hope we're not turning into a load of the incrowd that used to hang around LBS's sneering and mocking anyone with a bike that isn't dripping with the latest "trick" kit & who isn't a pro cyclist.....glad a lot of bike shops aren't like that anymore :roll:

+1.

I'm trying to decide who the bigger 'prat' is, the newbie who fits a gel seat cover to his bike, or the 'experienced cyclist' who spends a grand on some hubs but walks out with the wrong ones.

Cube's are nice bikes.

Gel covers are naff, of course. I have never used one though. Are they effective?

Saddle being too low, indeed as it is a major hindrance to efficiency and buggers the knees.

He may ride it like a BMX though, I don't know.

Get in there and drag him out for a ride.

My wife loves riding with the neighbour's son.

Back