1998 Kona Explosif Reynolds 853-new pics. of bike on page 4

Based on my size 17 plus those bits, I would expect a size 18 to weigh 2.05. The paint could well weigh more than the original, but I'm a bit surprised if it's as much as 86g more.

This was deliberately designed to be heavier/stronger/stiffer than previous Explosifs, to make better use of longer travel suspension forks. They could easily have made it lighter at the same cost, with 28.6/31.8 tubes etc, but you might like it better the way it is.

the frame's weight is fine for me, but had in mind, that the 96 Hot 853 frame was rated lighter, at least in the brochure.

yesterday received the tyres.

Vredestein Black Panther 26x2,00

CIMG4433.jpg

CIMG4434.jpg

the wheelset

Mavic Crossmax tubeless

CIMG4436.jpg

CIMG4437.jpg

CIMG4439.jpg

tyres are not tubeless, but will try to use them with tire sealant instead of tubes - was told, that it should work fine.

magas":1ccj0peu said:
the frame's weight is fine for me, but had in mind, that the 96 Hot 853 frame was rated lighter, at least in the brochure.
Yes, it is quite a bit lighter, but is it better?

Could you help me with proper front dérailleur clamp diameter for this frame? I have the same model and year, but cannot find this information on-line.

rekrutacja":2xzblht4 said:
Could you help me with proper front dérailleur clamp diameter for this frame? I have the same model and year, but cannot find this information on-line.

you need a FD with 28,6 mm clamp.

Back