RetroBike National Ride Series Round 4 Drumlanrig, Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm at my hotel in dumfries, got a text from the guvnor, he's booked in at a hotel a few miles away and should be there around 7ish.

there's a rumour that a major player has PIKED it though!!!! :roll: :facepalm:

the lakes, being honest i was underwelmed with the north face trail, it doesn't "flow" very well, god that sounds so stupid, there was a long climb pretty much from the go, then some nice rocky singletrack then some gravel road, but down hill :? then some more rocky singletrack :cool: then after around 2hours i rolled back to the start, but i was surprised to be there, the first climb was so long that i expected at some point a long or short/steep but fast descent and it never came.

then even worse than that, my next stop was to "cars of the stars" in keswick, i wanted to see the real "streethawk" but they have sold the whole lot to a guy in america! 6 weeks ago! gutted!

bit of a FAIL day.

:(

is that the north face trail at grizdale? I could not have summed it up better- found it to be pretty stop start and dare I say- boring and not a patch on some of the seven staine trail centres.

Is the mighty Ed no coming :(

well i'm in dumfries for 3 nights so i'll be hitting some of the seven stanes trails, hopefully they'll make up for it.

yeah, think Ed has dropped out, don't know why though.

meeting up with the guvnor for muchies soon though

Yes, edwards piked.

In dumfries, in a curious reversal to the last 20 odd years I'm not late - in fact considerably earlier than expected.

Anyhow looking forward to the ride tomorrow. Fingers crossed the looting doesn't kick off here and the locals help themselves to a car full of bikefood bottles and sachets!

I wouldn't worry about the bike food but you did know that they filmed the wicker man along the coast from you- you have been warned.

Just got home. Can I say a big thankyou to you all for a fantastic day and to the organisation of the ride. Hats off too ya chaps.:-D
Its always nice to put a name to a face.

Cheers.
Rick;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back