RetroBike National MTB Rd 5: North York Moors ~ 03/08/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Anyone coming from the A64 towards Pickering please try and come through Thornton Dale, don't try and come through Pickering at any point over the weekend as it will be total chaos!

Look for the "High Marishes" turning off A169, this will take you into the back of Thornton Dale, then go straight across the cross roads and following signs to Dalby Forest and then back onto the Whitby A169 road re-joining at the Fox and Rabbit pub

Believe me you will thank me for avoiding Pickering ~ Unless you like Steam Engines and sitting in traffic!

Re:

Bike cleaned and ready , just got to find a way of avoiding Pickering with a Caravan on the back !!, see you all on Sat , maybe Fri night if traffic is better !

Attachments

• 2014-07-28 16.20.23.jpg
    2014-07-28 16.20.23.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 511
Re: Re:

gil_m":axpgakt1 said:
Anyone coming from the A64 towards Pickering please try and come through Thornton Dale, don't try and come through Pickering at any point over the weekend as it will be total chaos!

Look for the "High Marishes" turning off A169, this will take you into the back of Thornton Dale, then go straight across the cross roads and following signs to Dalby Forest and then back onto the Whitby A169 road re-joining at the Fox and Rabbit pub

Believe me you will thank me for avoiding Pickering ~ Unless you like Steam Engines and sitting in traffic!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is very good advice

Matthew I'm pretty sure you'll be ok this way and there's only one short steep bit (if I remember right)

Re:

Do I need took camping spot (me, car & tent) or will it be OK just to rock up on the Saturday?

TedC":3hx3k00n said:
Do I need took camping spot (me, car & tent) or will it be OK just to rock up on the Saturday?

Just turn up Saturday no need to book

Re:

How about just turning up this afternoon? ;) :D

Work's slack and Kiran's on summer hols so had a fts* moment yesterday and started packing...

*forget this shizzle
Or something ;)

Re:

How many are coming now?

I count around 13 off us from this thread. Seems all our e.Yorks lot are piking it for whatever reason.

Not much National in a National ride anymore, more Bigger Local.
Disappointing, but hey I'll enjoy it and hope not end up at Scarborough this time.

Re:

I will be driving up Saturday by the looks of it. Probably M1, A1M. Staying near Whitby so I guess the best idea is to skirt North of the moors and cut across East on the A171. Seems to slash down whenever I turn up to a National, so bring a waterproof!

Uncle Monty":1qc1it7d said:
I will be driving up Saturday by the looks of it. Probably M1, A1M. Staying near Whitby so I guess the best idea is to skirt North of the moors and cut across East on the A171. Seems to slash down whenever I turn up to a National, so bring a waterproof!

If your coming from the south M1-A1 To A64 (it will be busy round York) A64 to Pickering turning (A169) then follow this:-

gil_m":1qc1it7d said:

After this ^^ you'll be back on the A169 and its a lovely run over the moors to Whitby and you'll pass the Goathland turn off so you will know where to go.
If you use the route you suggested its a long way round to Whitby unless your staying north of Whitby ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back