PoTM JUNE 2011 - It's Summer! - Get your entries in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like Old Glory accented by a sweet set of Spins.

2011-05-29185854.jpg

beepbeep":1ois9ano said:
Great pic wtb_rider! :D :cool:
It's good. It would have been perfect if the rider at the back hadn't had his head chopped off ;)

thanks for the kind words.

that was one of the coolest trips i ever took part. and the moment as i saw the boys pushing their bikes through the deep sand with all the dust was worth to drop my bike in the hot sand and try to capture what my eyes saw. it often isn´t the same. cool moment, quick picture, and the the result is a boring pic which dind´nt even come close to the pic i had hoped for.

here is another one for you with all the proper heads, but the other one just nails it for me.

if you like to rummage here are some more of the tour. i guess it starts a liitle down an page one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kay-o-tic/

i´m really happy that you like it as well.
thanks alot
cheers kay

wtb_rider":rpm3hh44 said:
here is another one for you with all the proper heads, but the other one just nails it for me

I agree! :D
The cropping of the head adds a certain dynamic to the pic and lays the focus on the bikes and the dry trail.

And Stefan, that looks beautiful!!

Not entered a competition before but we were away in Tenerife last week and made the trip to the top of mount Teide and I took the pic below (on my Xperia Play of all things!). A couple of hours previously we had stopped at the head of the trail that can be seen heading off over the plateau and I have promised that i'll go back and get some riding in as at the time I just wanted one of my bikes.

Anyway.

IMG_20110531_144243.jpg

Edited to add a couple of extra shots (not entered) I felt I needed to complete the picture.
Gobsmacked that a phone has such a good camera.

First, we were way above the cloud line and you can see the wall the mountains form to the cloud. This routinely covers the northern half of the island (Puerto de la cruz), leaving the southern half (Los Cristianos) clear.

IMG_20110531_144230.jpg

And the view to the summit which I will go back and climb in the next couple of years (not on bike sadly though) with my eldest taking some shot of the view.

IMG_20110531_144158.jpg

Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back