i fookin love freecycle

bigdavevw

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys, i love freecycle!!! best thing ever :LOL: I seen someone was wanting rid of some old MBR magazines so i said i wanted them. Went and collected them today, 69 magazines from like 2004-present all in as new condition!!

well happy! who else uses freecycle and whats the best thing you,ve got off it?

dave
PICT3536.jpg

I missed out on a Moulton AM. :shock:
And once I offered an Dawes Galaxy. The person who asked for it didn't turn up!

I use it, but i seem to be a giver rather than taker, never manage to get anything in time :roll:

I was a moderator for a Freecycle group, but I gave it up.
I don't believe in it anymore. The lack of physical presence stops it from working properly.

When I moved out here I gave away a load of stuff. Sofas, tables, chairs, toaster, microwave, baby things, car ramps, fireguard ... some really random stuff that people snapped up.

The only thing I got off there was a batch 20 cardboard boxes for moving house, that it turned out were from a friend of my Mrs anyway!

I loved the fact that items were gone quickly and that people were truly grateful with no fuss. The alternative was to punt a sofa on ebay or the small ads for £5 and then have someone come round and ask for a discount because it wasn't the colour they wanted and for me to deliver!

Still a bit suspicious that people pick up free stuff and sell on, but I can't see a way around it

chris667":2atbsli5 said:
I don't believe in it anymore.

couldnt agree with you more...the local group i am a member of is now mainly full of wanted ad's for laptop's, ps3's and nintendo wii's...takes the pee really.....personally i think they should scrap the wanted ad's bit and someway of monitoring who is getting what....it's blatantly obvious it is a small few taking all and sundry and then just flogging it on at the car boot.

on the other side tis nice to hear some are working well and those mag's will be appreciated by you instead of in the landfill

Back