For Sale Privateer Magazine - complete set - Glasgow

nik_h

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all. I'm selling my complete set (18 issues) of Privateer Magazine. Lots and lots of great articles and photography with plenty of retro content.

I'm based in Glasgow and ideally looking for someone to collect as they are quite heavy. Selling for £50 if you are able to pick them up, but happy to discuss price/postage options. Finding a good home is the most important thing.

A few notes:

- All issues are in excellent condition, virtually as new. Issue 9 has a couple of minor defects on the cover, see photo. It was damaged in the post when it got sent out to me unfortunately. It really is minor, but thought I should point it out.

- All issues are the subscription version with full photographic cover. The exception is Issue 12, where I got sent the retail version by mistake. I actually have two copies of this issue, one with the detachable cover removed to reveal the photo and the other one intact. Best of both worlds!

Cheers, Nik

Attachments

• Privateer 1.jpg
    Privateer 1.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Privateer 2.jpg
    Privateer 2.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Privateer 3.jpg
    Privateer 3.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 24
  • Privateer 4.jpeg
    Privateer 4.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 31
Price drop to £30, plus adding MBUK 25th Anniversary edition with extra "100 most amazing bits of bike bling" booklet

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 5
Privateer was the short-lived MTB version of Rouleur magazine. It only ran for 18 editions. Very high production values, long-form articles, minimal adverts, etc. The content focused on the culture and history of mountain biking instead of the usual product reviews, how-to articles, etc. Beautiful stuff. Collection only from the Southside of Glasgow if that suits.

Hi Swannymere. Thanks for the interest. Haven't looked into postage as was ideally looking for collection due to the weight and bulk of them (heavier than you might think!).

Back