Ticks and Lyme Disease: Advice for Mountain Bikers

Try emigrating, by the time i moved here, the worst UK domestic mossie bite was no more than a mild irritation, moved here, first mossie season i looked like the elephant man after every bite........ and the horseflies, some of them have left holes in the t-shirts they bit me through.......

Re: Re:

Markybeau":2ng8rhv1 said:
We're lucky, in that the UK is the kindergarten for biting and stinging insects.
But not drivers. I had one pull out on me yesterday: I hit the brakes but there wasn't enough stopping distance and I went straight into the side of his 2018-plate car. Talk about quality today and quality yesteryear, though: the '96 Stumpy was unscathed, the car dented and scratched. Just as well I wasn't riding the '94 Hardrock: that thing's so tough I might have had to call an ambulance for the poor driver if I'd been riding that. :LOL: (He was an incredibly nice and apologetic chap, btw.)

Re:

And i moan about moths :? Horseflies and blackflies are evil if the bite is infected, which they often are. I recently bought a Chinese USB charging insect killer that looks like a tennis racket and leave it on at night. Had nothing bother us since ;)

have now got Lyme disease since Friday. NHS was no help.My GP surgery was empty apart from lots of laughing staff. So have packed my self full of pain killers. As its truly nasty disease.

Also a new treatment being developed by Moderna for this nasty disease. You may be able to sign up for a drug trial and get better hands on treatment 🤔👍 Hope you beat this 🙏🏻

Also a new treatment being developed by Moderna for this nasty disease. You may be able to sign up for a drug trial and get better hands on treatment 🤔👍 Hope you beat this 🙏🏻
thanks to all. That link is fascinating reading. On a side point. I notice my GP is rated as 'INADEQUATE'by the care commission. their not kidding

Back