91 Salsa A La Carte (Nukeproof / XT / M231 etc etc)

Fantastic bike. Word of caution on using GSP on eBay (now international shipping). They have quite strict max size guidelines (eg 120cm length). I also know of at least two occurrences where bikes have been ‘lost’ due to being in too big boxes. ie seller keeps money, buyer gets refund but bike is never seen again.

Happened to me with a T-Max

Fantastic bike. Word of caution on using GSP on eBay (now international shipping). They have quite strict max size guidelines (eg 120cm length). I also know of at least two occurrences where bikes have been ‘lost’ due to being in too big boxes. ie seller keeps money, buyer gets refund but bike is never seen again.
yes, I've had that happen a few times. Once I set a massive, basically empty box to see if it worked and me and the buyer were both super happy :) I just sent him the bike seperately once ebay had paid out.

They auction off the oversize GSP parcels via a few well known auction places. Usually on pallets combined with other items so it’s all mixed together.

The big courier companies do the same with lost items.

There can be some real bargains to be had

Lovely bike and I'm sure it will do well. Only messaged you last night about it, unfortunately too big me thinks.

A real beauty, I wish I had that sort of money spare for retro. Unicorn stuff.😍
Perhaps a PM convo re the GSP and oversize boxes could be your friend? Not that I'm advocating fraud per-se, but if they're going to play stupid games with peoples items they kinda deserve to win stupid prizes (like large boxes full of bent wheels and dead tyres for example)...

Perhaps a PM convo re the GSP and oversize boxes could be your friend? Not that I'm advocating fraud per-se, but if they're going to play stupid games with peoples items they kinda deserve to win stupid prizes (like large boxes full of bent wheels and dead tyres for example)...
always happy to chat ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lovely bike , I once had an e-bay transaction with Ross Schaefer of Salsa , A really nice bloke a good reason to want one of his bikes !.

Back