91 Salsa A La Carte (Nukeproof / XT / M231 etc etc)

Factorycol

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
My 1991 Salsa A La Carte is now up for sale,

It's one many of you will know from this forum, so you'll know the history.

I just can't justify having the bike collection I've got when it's having to be stored away out of sight. Hopefully it'll go to a good home.

On ebay now, because I really don't know what it's worth in the current market.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/326080107786

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm a firm believer in things only really being worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

I know what I paid to build this bike, and I hope I get that back, but we'll see.

Back in 2021 I paid US $2,175.00 for a Klein Rascal, that I wanted and imported as part of a bundle of stuff.

..... i auctioned it off the other week and it went for

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm a firm believer in things only really being worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

I know what I paid to build this bike, and I hope I get that back, but we'll see.

Back in 2021 I paid US $2,175.00 for a Klein Rascal, that I wanted and imported as part of a bundle of stuff.

Somehow I think that salsa will do well.

Even with covid tax that’s a crazy price to pay, but if it’s something you simply must have…👍

Even with covid tax that’s a crazy price to pay, but if it’s something you simply must have…👍
it was a long story, but importing a bike this way, allowed me to send one back to the US, tax and duty free, so essentially this bike didn't owe me the full amount paid, by quite a long way. But still the point that things are only worth what they sell for stands. So we'll see what this Salsa is worth now.

Fantastic bike. Word of caution on using GSP on eBay (now international shipping). They have quite strict max size guidelines (eg 120cm length). I also know of at least two occurrences where bikes have been ‘lost’ due to being in too big boxes. ie seller keeps money, buyer gets refund but bike is never seen again.

Back