orange aluminium o

thomas

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi peeps, I haven't been on here for a while as ive been of the retro scene. still got my collection. but under dust sheets. :D

Anyway, I recently came across a 1993 orange aluminium o and couldn't believe my luck. Its absolutely mint, with virtually zero paint chips etc. totally original kit except the rear tyre and possibly the front tyre. And the grips. STX chainset, STX rear mech, STX levers/shifters, STX cantis, And a Suntour front mech :? all with zero wear. The wheels are absolutely lush. Mavic 117 CD SUP with 100% perfect stickers and only just starting to wear the anodizing on the brake surface.

In a nutshell, its never really been used. Obviously it has. But very little. The stickers do have some nicks here and the im guessing down to being stacked in someones shed.

Pictures will be uploaded when I take some.

What im asking is, does anyone have any background on this model? Adverts, leaflets etc.

Also I forgot to mention its a beautiful purple which I believe was a £90 upgrade back in the day.

cant wait to show you guys.

Re:

I remember seeing this on eBay last week. Looked good, advertised it as to be broken up, congrats looked good. :cool:

Re:

Sounds like an old stock frame built up with newer parts to me. As you probably know STX didn't arrive until 1994 and by then the 'O' was out of production. It wouldn't be a surprise as with Orange selling frames on their own there would have been stock knocking about in shops, especially as by 1993/4 the 'O' was out of date by the standards of the time.

I have a Prestige that tells a similar story with it being a 1992 frame but built with the exact same parts as my old 1994 C16.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":24pl3d1d said:
Sounds like an old stock frame built up with newer parts to me. As you probably know STX didn't arrive until 1994 .

Gotta admit I didn't really know that stx was introduced 1994. But upon a little research. going by the shimano production date codes. my stx was definitely produced in 1993. (RF) :cool: :cool:

see the bottom of this page for reference:

http://mombat.org/Shimano.htm#2005

Latest posts

Back