1993 DBR Axis Team Titanium - DONE! - 20lb (ish) Beaut :)

wadsy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I plan of a bit a nostalgia trip by re-building my first three MTBs :) ...No.3 ....

The KHS Montana Team was replaced with my first titanium bike; the DBR Axis Team Titanium :cool:

OMG! :shock: Yes, that is me! :LOL: ...and the bike posing in front of my Polo G40 :cool:

More to follow :)

Re: BiTD Build series - No.3 - 1993 DBR Axis Team Titanium

More of the care as well please!

Bullpup":j275fehs said:
More of the care as well please!

I assume you mean the car - if so, I'd vote for that, too!

One of those (well VW Polo of that era, mine was an L reg in red) was my first car.

More of the car as requested! :)

The G40....

...and next to the G60 that replaced it :D ....

Althought that was replaced with an Integrale :cool:

Back to the bike! ;)

Some shots of the frame as received, the previous owner had started to 're-finish' it, but obvioulsy got bored! :LOL: ....

So, I'll finish the job off....Before and after shot....

Black Pauls brakes to be re-anodised silver to match the errr, silver ones! :LOL: ....

wadsy":1ow80czg said:

The G40....

Coolio.

Wish I had some more pictures of mine, really - merely for sentimental reasons. Mine was an red L reg "Boulevard" 1043cc (yes, that much!) but I still loved it, it was my first car, and I did quite a lot of miles in it. Jumped in quite late to the whole driving thing, at 26, and had a burning incentive to get mobile (job reasons). Passed my test on a Friday, jumped straight into driving circa 500 miles a week commuting into a city the following Monday.

I had a few other VWs, after that (new model Polo saloon, and a couple of Passats) and probably about 10 years back, I bought another J reg little Polo like this as a beater / second car. Should have kept it for longer, really, but I only got rid because I couldn't be bothered with having to (and the costs) tax and insure it.

Neil":8m54kiua said:
wadsy":8m54kiua said:

The G40....

Coolio.

Wish I had some more pictures of mine, really - merely for sentimental reasons. Mine was an red L reg "Boulevard" 1043cc (yes, that much!) but I still loved it, it was my first car, and I did quite a lot of miles in it. Jumped in quite late to the whole driving thing, at 26, and had a burning incentive to get mobile (job reasons). Passed my test on a Friday, jumped straight into driving circa 500 miles a week commuting into a city the following Monday.

I had a few other VWs, after that (new model Polo saloon, and a couple of Passats) and probably about 10 years back, I bought another J reg little Polo like this as a beater / second car. Should have kept it for longer, really, but I only got rid because I couldn't be bothered with having to (and the costs) tax and insure it.

Aaahhh, I thought you had a G40 too :) ...it was my 4th car after a Metro, Fiesta and a Polo GT :)

Cheers

Pauls cantis freshly anodised :cool:

Back