1993 Manitou FS

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Bought this of Mr_ship a few weeks ago and jus had the time to unpack it and marvel at its beauty. I am a steel man at heart but there is something about the Manitou frames I do really love. Thankfully, now I have the chance to own and eventually (depending on how long it takes to put the build together) ride one :mrgreen:

When I first joined the site I saw this bike and wanted it. I even went to the extend of asking Rich if he would part with it and I got a polite refusal – as I expected :) When it came up for sale I couldn't believe my luck. It did come at a time when a few bikes were on the horizon but I seized the chance as there are not many around at this size, in this immaculate condition, and not many with the matching stem and seatpost. The fact that it has no cracks or re-welds is a great testament to Rich.

Build wise, I want to go all out. I'm think Grafton with the Ringle straight pull hubs that bike had originally. I know, I'm mad, but I've got to give it a go. So, if anybody has some nice Grafton or Ringle bits lying about that they would like to part comapny with send me a PM :D

Also, if anybody has any visual material for the FS feel free to post it on the thread. I'm not sure if there was a spec build for this when they were sold, if there is I would love to know what it was.

Anywho, thats enough waffling, now for the pics.

This is how it arrived. I have to say a big thankls to Rich for the superb packaging (take note colour tech :?) as it took me about an hour to unpack it all. Brilliant job sir :)

Had a spare flite so checked that on...

When I used to ride the Mendips with the lads from the Somerset Bikes team back in the early 90's, we would occasionally bump into a guy riding one of these. I think he was a dentists, he certainly must have had a well paid job, as I recall the Manitou FS being something like £2,500 back then. :shock:

That one has clearly never never ridden, or has just been passed through a time portal. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to this build.

Sexy, and I dint realise it was Kevs, that will be Pristine, he has taste and appreciates Quality.

Good Score and good luck with this. A nice addition to your stable G, and im confident it will be Immaculate and as well cared for as it clearly was by its previous Keeper.

:cool:

Glad it arrived safely Gio. Uncracked FS' are few and far between but this spent most of it's life hanging up in a shop in Arkansas. Look forward to seeing it built back up again.

Back