'92 Raleigh USA Peak - Finished.

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This started back in 1991 with a MBUK cover shot; that was it I wanted one, no I needed one - not sure why - probably becuase Tomac rode a Raleigh USA and maybe in way it was 'related' to my Reynolds 501 tubed Raleigh Moonrun.... :?: :!: (which was as close as I got - until now).

So ever since getting into Retro Bike I have been on the look out for one. Then I found it, NOS, it was the wrong year (a '92 not a '91), it had the wrong forks (aluminium not a straight Tange Big Fork), the wrong colour stickers, (yellow not pink), but these are all fixable the frame and colour are the same....................and the yellow is growing on me :D

Anyhow enough rambling here are some pics - it is mint though there is a issue with the paint on the forks - a couple of small areas don't appear to have been degreased prior to application so maybe its a '2nd' and never sold..

Attachments

• DSC_0509.jpg
    DSC_0509.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5,057
  • DSC_0510.jpg
    DSC_0510.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 5,056
  • DSC_0516.jpg
    DSC_0516.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 5,058
  • MBUK Cover LR.jpg
    MBUK Cover LR.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 5,057
few more pics here when its finished.... :D

1991 spec from Raleigh brochure:

Attachments

• 91 spec.jpg
    91 spec.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 4,753
That is absolutely gorgeous, I love the paint scheme, and it looks very very shiney!.

Glad you have had a good experience with Raleigh, unlike mine!

COOL PEACHEZ

juice":2he6oois said:
nevadasmith":2he6oois said:
few more pics here when its finished.... :D

How about a few more pice before it gets finished? ;)

Some more pics:

Attachments

• DSC_0511.jpg
    DSC_0511.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 4,940
  • DSC_0512.jpg
    DSC_0512.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 4,941
mfh126":2cy52qm0 said:
Nice, I like that. Is that the one that was on Ebay a little while back?

yes - I watched it for a while, the BIN was good value, but the postage was high, managed to get some knocked off by combining it with a few other items though, and got a bit lucky with UK customs. :D

nevadasmith":1qfshu5c said:
mfh126":1qfshu5c said:
Nice, I like that. Is that the one that was on Ebay a little while back?

yes - I watched it for a while, the BIN was good value, but the postage was high, managed to get some knocked off by combining it with a few other items though, and got a bit lucky with UK customs. :D

I saw that and thought it was really nice. My mate had a Chill with DX BITD and it's one of the bikes I would like to own.

Carl.

Back